Lecturer, School of Education
- $101,079 (ALB) plus 17% superannuation
- Permanent, Full time, based at Perth (Bentley) campus
- Extensive learning and development opportunities
Job Reference: 511558
School of Education
The School of Education at Curtin University has offered programs that embrace innovation in learning technologies, theory and practice since 1975, with the aim of preparing highly skilled and informed graduates who can teach and work in a fast-changing world. Curtin’s partnerships with schools and education providers in all sectors reflect our desire to work collaboratively to develop highly sought-after graduates.
We have exciting opportunities for experienced Lecturers with sound technical knowledge to join the School and perform online and face-to-face teaching, and research in the following disciplines:
- Early Childhood Education
- Physical Education
- Humanities and Social Sciences (HASS)
In these roles you will...
- Deliver high quality and innovative online and face-to-face teaching to undergraduate, honours and postgraduate students.
- Conduct tutorials, practical classes, workshops and student field excursions, which stimulate and foster student learning.
- Develop pedagogically innovative units and curriculum.
- Act as course coordinator.
- Mark students work and supervise honours students or postgraduate students engaged in coursework.
- Stay ahead of current subject area theory and practice.
- Undertake nationally and internationally competitive and high quality research in subject area/field.
Why choose Curtin?
- Easily accessible location with great parking, bus station and end of trip facilities
- A flexible benefits package with excellent superannuation provisions.
- A vibrant campus with gym, childcare, wellness programs, medical and counselling services
- We are ranked in the top 100 of universities worldwide (ARWU 2018 and QS World University Rankings 2019).
- We are a major global player, with well-integrated campuses in Singapore, Malaysia, Mauritius and Dubai.
- We are committed to eliminating gender bias and developing an inclusive culture that values all staff.
- Parental leave entitlements above National Employment Standards.
For further information on Curtin and all of our employee benefits visit https://about.curtin.edu.au/jobs/
We are looking for someone with…
- A doctoral qualification in a relevant subject area.
- Proven high-level face-to-face and online teaching skills, with a proven reflective approach to teaching.
- A significant contribution to research, scholarship in teaching and experience in curriculum development and unit/course coordination.
- Outstanding leadership skills with the ability to lead major curriculum and/or research initiatives, provide mentoring to less experienced staff and supervise HDR students.
- High-level communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to foster the development of a congenial and encouraging working environment and the ability to communicate effectively with students and staff with cross cultural sensitivity.
Please apply on-line with a cover letter and resume to enable us to assess your suitability for the role. If you require reasonable accommodation to participate in the recruitment process please advise in your cover letter.
To view a copy of the role’s Position Description, please copy and paste the following link into you’re your browser:
Applications close: Wednesday 5 August, 10:00 PM AWST
If you have a query in relation to the application process please contact our careers team on email@example.com or Tara Hallissey on 08 9266 2563.
Curtin reserves the right at its sole discretion to withdraw from the recruitment process, not to make an appointment, or to appoint by invitation, at any time. We reserve the right to remove the advert earlier than the date on the advert.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.