RIE Trainee, Research Engineer, Mobile/Web Intelligence
- Full Time
In conjunction with Workforce Singapore, NTU offer traineeships to support the SGUnited Traineeships Programme. The Traineeships are part of NTU's efforts to create relevant and meaningful traineeship opportunities for our nation’s new graduates entering the workforce during this difficult time.
About Alibaba-NTU Singapore Joint Research Institute
Nanyang Technological University, Singapore (NTU Singapore) and Alibaba Group officially launched the Alibaba-NTU Singapore Joint Research Institute (JRI) in February 2018. This is Alibaba’s first research institute on AI outside China.
The joint research institute seeks to combine NTU’s human-centred AI technology which has been applied to areas such as health, ageing, homes and communities, with Alibaba’s leading technologies including Natural Language Processing (NLP), computer vision, machine learning and cloud computing to explore further technology breakthroughs and real-life AI solutions.
Over the next five years, the JRI will push the frontiers of AI to change the current technology-centric philosophy of AI research into one which is human-centric. The goal is make AI to become more effective, accessible and inclusive so that it can address future societal needs in ageless aging, new lifestyles and human-centered mobility.
These AI and cloud technologies will be developed and tested on the NTU Smart Campus to demonstrate the effectiveness of the solutions before taking them to the market in Singapore and rest of the world. The program dovetails with Singapore’s ambition to train AI and data-science talent to support the country’s “Smart Nation” vision and its transformation to “Industry 4.0”.
The JRI are led by researchers from NTU-UBC Research Centre of Excellence in Active Living for the Elderly (LILY) and the School of Computer Science and Engineering.
- Analyze, design, and develop a big data analytics platform
- Provide recommendations for continuous improvement
- Collaborate with other engineers in the team to elevate technology and consistently apply best practices
- Identify state of the art and support gap analysis, opportunities for high impact research / development outcomes
- Contribute to the possibility of developing advanced know-how in research, product development, or industrialisation
- Test software development methodology
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support, and enhancement in existing systems and platforms
- Collaborate with data scientists, business users, project managers, and other engineers to achieve elegant solutions
- Actively support development of new methodology or products and their life cycle assessments
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, information systems or other related disciplines
- Strong programming skills on python, html, php, js, Unity3D and SQL
- Prior experience with web/mobile application development
- Prior experience with recommendation, crowdsourcing algorithms and systems
- Relevant internship, FYP and related research work experience
Hiring Institution: NTU