Postdoctoral Position in the Field of Atmospheric Processes and Modelling
The Bursar of the Faculty of Science, Masaryk University announces an open competition for the position POSTDOCTORAL POSITION IN THE FIELD OF ATMOSPHERIC PROCESSES AND MODELLING
Workplace: RECETOX, Faculty of Science, Masaryk University in Brno, Czech Republic
Type of Contract: temporary
Working Hours: full-time
Number of Open Positions: 1
Application Deadline: 31 08 2020
EU Researcher Profile: R2
RECETOX focuses on interdisciplinary research and education in the area of Environment & Health, studying toxic compounds and their behaviour, transport & bioaccumulation to evaluate environmental effects, assess the exposure and health risks to humans and develop technologies and biotechnologies to break them down. https://www.recetox.muni.cz/en
To the research group of Prof. Gerhard Lammel https://www.recetox.muni.cz/en/research/principal-investigators/prof-gerhard-lammel we are searching talented scientist for the research project which aims to advance the understanding of the atmospheric and multicompartmental cycling of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons and their transformation products (oxy- and nitro-PAHs) by process studies (field experiments and modelling). Among these pollutants are some of the most hazardous substances to public health.
Informal inquiries about the position can be sent to Prof. Dr. Gerhard Lammel, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Skills and Qualifications
The applicant must have:
- PhD in chemistry, physics or in the environmental sciences or engineering
- Enthusiasm and eagerness to gain insight into public health and environmental exposure
- Experience and high motivation to present and publish scientific results
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal English communication and teamwork skills
- The applicant should have:
- Strong working knowledge of environmental pollution
- Vibrant working environment at RECETOX, access to state-of-the-art infrastructure
- Dynamic group surrounded by international team of experts
- Involvement in national and international projects
- Employee benefits: 6 weeks of leave per year, health insurance, pension insurance contribution, meal vouchers, discounted language courses, discount in the university cinema, exclusive mobile tariff offer by Vodafone etc.
- Support with your relocation
- Brno provides high quality of life, it is a university city with lots of culture and very family friendly https://brnoregion.com/work
- We offer initial appointment for one year with possible renewal upon mutual satisfaction.
Start date: 1 September 2020 or later upon agreement
Applicants should provide the following information in English and preferably in one PDF document
Cover letter describing the candidate's research interest and experience
- CV (European standard recommended)
- Summary of publications and research outputs
- Names and contact details of at least 2 professional referees
- PhD diploma
The deadline for applications is on 31 August 2020.
A review of applications will run continuously as they are received and until the position is filled. The short-listed applicants complying with the requirements will be invited for personal or Skype interviews.
The application shall be submitted online via an e-application (Please, use the link in the e-Application section below). After submitting your application successfully, you will receive an automatic confirmation email from jobs.muni.cz.
Received applications will be considered carefully in line with principles of the EU Charter and Code for Researchers. Selection criteria: (i) meeting qualification requirements described above, (ii) all required documents provided. The Faculty Recruitment Policy (OTM-R) can be seen here.
Faculty of Science, Masaryk University is an equal opportunity employer. We support diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Masaryk University is the second-largest university in the Czech Republic with nine faculties, more than 5000 staff, and more than 30 000 students. As a comprehensive research-intensive university with a strong international standing, our mission is to pursue top-quality research and education.
Faculty of Science MU, a proud holder of the HR Excellence in Research Award by the European Commission, is a research-oriented faculty, offering university education (Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Doctoral degree programs) closely linked to both primary and applied research and high school teaching of the following sciences: Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Earth sciences. We are the most productive scientific unit of the Masaryk University generating around 40 % of MU research results.