Postdoc, Faculty of Science
Bursar of the Faculty of Science, Masaryk University announces an open competition for the position Postdoc
Workplace: National Centre for Biomolecular Research, Faculty of Science, Masaryk University in Brno, Czech Republic
Type of Contract: temporary position, non-academic
Working Hours: 1 FTE (full-time employment of 40 hours per week)
Expected Start Date: negotiable
Number of Open Positions: 1
Application Deadline: 21 07 2020
About the Workplace
Masaryk University is the second-largest university in the Czech Republic with nine faculties, more than 5000 staff, and more than 30 000 students. As a comprehensive research-intensive university with a strong international standing, our mission is to pursue top-quality research and education.
Faculty of Science MU, a proud holder of the HR Excellence in Research Award by the European Commission, is a research-oriented faculty, offering university education (Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Doctoral degree programs) closely linked to both primary and applied research and high school teaching of the following sciences: Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Earth sciences. We are the most productive scientific unit of the Masaryk University generating around 40 % of MU research results.
Laboratory of Structural Proteins of Eukaryotic Chromosomes at the Faculty of Science MU is focusing on the Structural Maintenance of Chromosome (SMC) complexes (http://www.ncbr.muni.cz/SPEC/). We use a combination of approaches, such as genetics, genomics, biochemistry and molecular biology to understand how the SMC complexes accumulate along the genomes, how they interact with the other chromatin-associated complexes and how they modulate chromatin structure during cell cycle and under stress conditions.
- Experimental exploration of SMC activities in vitro
- Analysis of SMC functions in cells
- Publishing the research outputs
Skills and Qualifications
The applicant must have:
- Ph.D. Degree in biochemistry, molecular biology or related field
- Published in impactful journals in the field, corresponding to given stage of career demonstrating creativity and scientific quality
- Experience in molecular biology and biochemical techniques
- Good communication skills (oral and written) in English
The applicant should have:
- an experience in cultivating tissue cultures or yeasts, genetic or genomic analysis
- an experience in analysis of RNA, DNA and protein complexes
- a strong motivation for research and collaborative mindset
Informal inquiries about the position can be sent to Assoc. Prof. Jan Palecek, email email@example.com, phone +420 549496128.
- State-of-the-art methodology and hot research topic
- International workplace with a motivated team of researchers and students
- An interesting job in a dynamically-expanding university area
- Flexible working hours and occasional home office to support personal needs in family and career compatibility
- Employee benefits such as 6 weeks of paid vacation per year, pension insurance contribution, contribution to lunches in canteens of MU or meal vouchers, discounted language courses, discount in the university cinema, exclusive mobile tariff offer by Vodafone
- Opportunity to work and live in a modern and dynamic city (for more information on costs of living, you can refer to Numbeo)
- Support with your relocation to Brno by our International Staff Office
The application shall be submitted online by 21.07.2020 via an e-application (Please, use the link in the e-Application section below).
The candidate shall provide following:
- CV and cover letter describing candidate's research interest and experience
- Summary of research outputs and publications
- Names and contact details of at least 2 references.
After submitting your application successfully, you will receive an automatic confirmation email from jobs.muni.cz.
Received applications will be considered carefully in line with principles of the EU Charter and Code for Researchers. Selection criteria: (i) meeting qualification requirements described above, (ii) all required documents provided.
If we do not contact you within 10 working days after the application deadline at the latest, it means that we have shortlisted other candidates meeting the position requirements.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for a personal or video conference interview.
The Faculty Recruitment Policy (OTM-R) can be seen here.
Faculty of Science, Masaryk University is an equal opportunity employer. We support diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!