Lecturer, Software Engineering
Job no: 589054
Work type: Full time - Fixed term/Contract
Location: Vietnam - Ho Chi Minh
Categories: Teaching, Teaching and Research, Engineering
RMIT Vietnam, an entity of RMIT University, has campuses in Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi since 2001. We provide internationally recognised, high-quality, education and professional training for students, clients and the community, and assist in the development of human resources capability in Vietnam and the region by hosting students from Australia and many other countries.
School of Science and Technology
The School of Science and Technology at RMIT Vietnam is associated with the College of Science, Engineering and Health of RMIT University Melbourne, delivering the College’s award programs and developing research in the field(s) of science, engineering and health. Programs currently taught on the Vietnam campus include the Bachelor of Information Technology, Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical and Electronics), Bachelor of Engineering (Software Engineering), Bachelor of Engineering (Robotics & Mechatronics) and the Doctor of Philosophy (Engineering) (Electrical & Electronics Engineering).
The role & key responsibilities
The Lecturer, Software Engineering will contribute to the teaching and research efforts of the University, within the School of Science and Technology, specifically within undergraduate Programs. The successful candidate will develop, engage in and lead high quality research projects that are aligned with the University’s research focus areas to achieve success in attracting research funding and to produce high quality outputs.
Key selection criteria
- PhD or equivalent relevant Doctoral qualification
- At least 5 years relevant experience, teaching in a University environment
- Proven teaching proficiency and/or experience with at least ONE (01) of the following areas:
- Software Architecture and Design
- Embedded Systems / Programming Internet of Things
- Real-Time Applications and Systems
- Advanced Programming (in C, C++, Java)
- Recognised research profile including substantial record of research outputs in high quality outlets.
- Strong team player with an inclusive and collaborative approach.
To find out more
For further information about this role, please click on the Job Description and Candidate Information document below.
- English is the language of teaching and communication at RMIT Vietnam. For this role, the minimum requirement is IELTS 7.0 (or equivalent).
- Non-Vietnamese candidates must also meet the requirements of the Vietnamese Work Permit process.
How to apply
Click on the ‘Apply Now’ link. Applications close on 15 July 2020
Advertised: 15 Jun 2020 SE Asia Standard Time
Applications close: 15 July 2020 SE Asia Standard Time