Research Associate / Postdoc - Chair of Integrated Transport Planning and Traffic Engineering
At TU Dresden, “Friedrich List“ Faculty of Transport and Traffic Sciences the Chair of Integrated Transport Planning and Traffic Engineering at the Institute of Transport Planning and Road Traffic invites applications for the position as
Research Associate / Postdoc
(Subject to personal qualification employees are remunerated according to salary group E 13 TV-L)
starting as soon as possible. The position is initially limited for three years with the possibility of extension. The period of employment is governed by the Fixed Term Research Contracts Act (Wissenschaftszeitvertragsgesetz - WissZeitVG). The position offers the chance to obtain further academic qualification (e.g. habilitation thesis). Balancing family and career is an important issue. The post is basically suitable for candidates seeking part-time employment.
- Conduct innovative research in the field of Travel Demand Modelling using macroscopic and/or microscopic approaches
- Acquire third-party funding
- Network in the research community; publish and present research results at international conferences, events, and in academic journals
- Coordinate and conduct teaching in the field of Travel Demand Modelling (theory and application)
- Supervise Diploma, Bachelor, Master, and Doctoral students
- Support the administration of the Chair and Faculty.
- university degree (Diploma/Master) and Doctorate/PhD (complete or almost complete) in transport or related disciplines
- Research experience in the application and advancement of transport models, knowledge in theoretical background and input data for modelling
- Experience in teaching
- Ability to work independently with high commitment, creativity, and team spirit
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Experience in the acquisition of third-party funds is advantageous.
We offer you:
- The opportunity to conduct independent research as well as develop a unique research profile alongside an interdisciplinary, competent, and highly committed team at the Chair, with extensive networks in research and practice.
Applications from women are particularly welcome. The same applies to people with disabilities.
Please submit your application including CV, portfolio, degree certificates, transcript of records by 24.07.2020 (stamped arrival date of the university central mail service applies) preferably via the TU Dresden SecureMail Portal https://securemail.tu-dresden.de as a single PDF file to email@example.com or by mail to: TU Dresden, Fakultät Verkehrswissenschaften „Friedrich List”, Institut für Verkehrsplanung und Straßenverkehr, Professur für Integrierte Verkehrsplanung und Straßenverkehrstechnik, Frau Prof. Dr.-Ing. Regine Gerike, Helmholtsztr. 10, 01069 Dresden. Please submit copies only, as your application will not be returned to you. Expenses incurred in attending interviews cannot be reimbursed.
Reference to data protection: Your data protection rights, the purpose for which your data will be processed, as well as further information about data protection is available to you on the website: https://tu-dresden.de/karriere/datenschutzhinweis
Please find the german version under: https://tu-dresden.de/stellenausschreibung/7766.