Skills Coach and Assessor
Job Profile Apprenticeship - Skills Coaches & Assessors
Contract Type Permanent
To provide coaching and support to our apprentices either via face to face or telephone contact and to liaise with their employer to ensure they complete the requirements of their apprenticeship on time. The role will include making assessment decisions on their competence where appropriate.
BPP Professional Apprenticeships provides apprenticeships that lead to professional qualifications in Financial Services (Banking, Insurance and Investments), Business Administration & Accounting. Occupational competence in at least one of these areas is essential and the key elements of the role are to provide excellent professional advice and support to our apprentices and their employers.
The Scotland Apprenticeship Team are responsible for the delivery and success of BPP’s government contract with Skills Development Scotland. We have government targets to hit and we work hard to achieve them. The last 3 years has shown continual growth and on the back of the good work we do in Scotland we have a strong pipeline of new business coming into the team. The team work from home, client premises, together with our Head Office in Livingston.
- Assessing and supporting candidates through an apprenticeship programme in line with timeframes set out on their Apprentice Learning Plan.
- Accountable for meeting government targets set for your cohort of apprentices
- Carrying out reviews either in person or on the phone with apprentices and line managers
- Provide information, support and guidance to allocated cohort of apprentices on all components of their apprenticeship to ensure successful completion
- Establish professional working relationships with clients
- Build effective working relationships with the wider business, for example BPP's central client team
- Embrace the BPP codes of practice and ensure compliance with SDS requirements
- Administration to include funding paperwork, reporting and diary management
- To achieve a minimum of 75% achievement rates
- Effectively undertaking any other duties as required
Department Professional Apprenticeships - Apprenticeship School
Vacancy location UK, Home Based, Home Based
- A history of working in one of the above noted areas is essential
- Assessor qualified or a willingness to undertake relevant qualifications
- A professional qualification is highly desirable
- Strong communication skills
- Effective time management and organisation skills
- Professional working ethos to effectively build business relationships with large corporate clients
- Ability to work effectively on own and as part of a team
- Have an outlook of wanting to achieve excellence in all aspects of the role
- UK driving licence
- The successful candidate will be required to undergo a DBS check, financial screening and checks on driving licence / points.
Contract Hours 37.50