PhD Position in Programming Languages and Type Systems
PHD POSITION IN PROGRAMMING LANGUAGES AND TYPE SYSTEMS
The research team of prof. Tom Schrijvers of the Section Declarative Languages and Artificial Intelligence of the Deparment of Computer Science at KU Leuven has expertise in a broad range of topics related to functional programming and programming language theory, including contributions to the Haskell language, type systems and type inference, programming language meta-theory, purely functional effects, etc.
You will work on our new "Implicit Type-Directed Code Generation" project, advancing the state of the art in elaboration-based type system features like Haskell's type class mechanism and Scala's implicits. This involves designing new type system features, developing type inference algorithms, proving meta-theory, and implementing case studies.
We are looking for a candidate who exhibits the following qualities:
- You have a master degree in Computer Science with excellent grades.
- You are familiar with several of: Haskell, Scala, functional programming, programming language theory, type inference, proof assistants.
- You are comfortable with both theory and practical implementation.
- You are responsible, can work both independently and in a team, show initiative and seize opportunities.
- You have a good command of the English language, in spoken and written form.
We offer a PhD position in computer science with negotiable start date (earliest: October 1, 2020).Your contract is renewed yearly upon positive evaluation, for a maximal term of 4 years.
For more information please contact Prof. dr. ir. Tom Schrijvers, mail: email@example.com.
You can apply for this job no later than July 31, 2020 via the online application tool
KU Leuven seeks to foster an environment where all talents can flourish, regardless of gender, age, cultural background, nationality or impairments. If you have any questions relating to accessibility or support, please contact us at diversiteit.HR@kuleuven.be.