Digital Learning Designer
Campus Location: Melbourne
Functional Unit: Digital Education
Work Type: Fixed term full time
Digital Education/DVC Education & Innovation, Melbourne
- Exciting opportunity to design, develop and implement effective, innovative student focused online learning
- These positions will play a key role in developing resources to support and engage academic staff to adopt and adhere to digital design models
- Two 3 year full time, fixed term appointments
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across eight campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney, Strathfield and Rome. We've also partnered with Blacktown City Council to open a new ACU campus in Blacktown, Western Sydney, in 2021.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU's mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
The Office of Digital Education supports an institution wide approach to managing the quality of online academic programs and the quality of student learning experiences at ACU. The Office provides project managed and strategically aligned digital learning design services to key university stakeholders. This is achieved through systematic academic quality assurance monitoring, data-driven decision making and service improvement strategies and collaborative relationships with relevant leads across the University.
The Digital Learning Design role provides services to various university stakeholders including faculties to transform courses and units within a student-centred framework for digital learning that promotes student success. The role is expected to work collaboratively with members of the University Learning and Teaching Centre on a variety of educational projects and products.
The primary focus of one of the roles is to support Global Education and Pathways.
You will need to have:
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline (preferably in Teaching/Education/Training) with subsequent relevant experience and/or an equivalent combination of relevant experience, education and training.
- Experience in creating and delivering online learning
- Experience with technologies and online learning management systems, such as Moodle, CANVAS, Blackboard.
- A deep understanding of adult learners and application of social constructivist approaches in an online environment
The University pursues an excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe, and valued through development, participation and involvement.
How to Apply:
Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the position description. To apply for this role click the "Apply" link below. Visit Hints and Tips on how to apply.
Total remuneration valued to $103,133- $111,621 pa including salary component $87,149 - $94,321 pa (Higher Education Worker Level 7), employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
General enquiries can be sent to Andrew Vincent - Director, Digital Education on Andrew.Vincent@acu.edu.au
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
Equal Opportunity and Privacy of personal information is University policy. For more details visit: www.acu.edu.au/careers
Applications Close: 11:55 pm Sunday 5th July 2020
ACU is committed to diversity and social inclusion in its employment practices. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse groups are encouraged.