The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn’s distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
Job Profile Title
Manager Research Project A
Job Description Summary
The individual will be responsible for facilitating all aspects of a complex multi-site research study. This includes oversight of all study documentation for regulatory purposes. In addition, the individual will assist the Tissue Bank Technical Director, Research and Academic Faculty (Director and Co-Director) and Staff (other Technicians) with all services.
More specifically, the individual will undertake the following key responsibilities:
- Create, organize, and maintain all study documentation required for regulatory, legal, and GLP
- Collect, review and report study data; complete case report forms and resolve data queries
- Process and ship study specimens including blood and tissue samples
- Facilitate all aspects of study coordination for sample submission, distribution to analysis centers, and data integration.
- Perform tissue collection, processing and distribution in a research environment, working with human tissues and other biospecimens, archive slides and blocks.
- Ensure tissue preparation meets current laboratory and research standards.
- Maintain tissue bank database and specimen inventory systems for stored tissue and other biospecimens.
- Section paraffin-embedded & fixed-frozen specimens
- Assist the Tissue Bank Technical Director and other Technicians in daily operations, including the ordering of consumables.
- Assist other tissue banks with consent.
Position is Contingent Upon Funding
Bachelor's Degree and 3 to 5 years experience or equivalent combination of years and experience required.
Job Location - City, State
Department / School
Perelman School of Medicine
$50,684.00 - $91,232.00
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.