Postdoctoral Fellow, Physics
Organization Name: Physics
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology (KU) combines the Masdar Institute of Science and Technology (MI), the Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research (KUSTAR) and the Petroleum Institute (PI) into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
Since the Postdoctoral, experience is transitional to becoming an independent researcher or faculty member, the Postdoctoral tries their best to acquire the varied skills necessary to advance their career with guidance from the advisor. These skills include, but are not limited to, the ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication, the ability to understand research group management and supervision of others, the ability to establish contacts and network with colleagues pursuing a similar research agenda, the ability to organize and teach a class or a course if more inclined towards a teaching career.
- Monte-Carlo simulation of the ALTO air shower detector array.
- Measurements and testing with the ALTO prototype.
- Sensitivity study of ALTO to various types of gamma-ray sources.
- Supervision of Master student on various scientific tasks and computational activities.
- PhD Degree in Physics, Astronomy, Astrophysics or Astroparticle Physics.
- Simulation and data analysis of gamma-ray/cosmic-ray air-shower experiments.
- Experience using advanced physics tools such as CORSIKA, GEANT4 and ROOT.
- Hardware experience will be an advantage.
- Experience on theoretical modelling of non-thermal radiation from astrophysical sources can be beneficial.
- Experience working in large international collaboration.
How To Apply
- CV + Research Interest Statement
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (RecruitmentTeam@ku.ac.ae).
Apply for Postdoctoral Fellow, Physics
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly