English Language Tutor
4 days left
- Full Time
Job Profile Teaching - Tutor
Contract Type Permanent
To be responsible for the teaching and learning experience of, various In sessional English courses across BPP. This includes the maintenance of standards and ensuring that all academic policies and procedures of Education Services and the BPP University are adhered to.
To assess International Learners English Language competency in 4 skills, Speaking, Listening, Reading and Writing. To carry out English Language speaking tests via web conferencing software or face to face and assess paper based tests or online tests for reading, writing and listening.
Assessors will also be required to carry out Academic Credibility Interviews with Learners online to ascertain if Learners are applying for Tier 4 study visas on genuine grounds.
English Language assessors may also be required to contribute to the editing of test items ensuring that test content, both old and newly commissioned, is fit for purpose and also to contribute to the development of In - Sessional teaching and learning materials.
To support, as required, various administration tasks associated with testing and teaching.
The job will sit within the English Language Testing Service Team.
The tutor will be required to test and teach over peak admissions periods roughly December to January, March to April and July to September.
- Undertake teaching duties on the In sessional courses in multiple locations consistent with your area of expertise and as the role requires, with approximately 20 contact hours per week.
- Provide 1 –to- 1 tutorial support to Learners to develop their academic language and skills for study
- To use relevant learning technology to maintain engagement
- To develop appropriate teaching and learning content when required
- Deliver assessments for English Language 4 skills
- Deliver academic credibly interviews
- Process assessment results as required
- Provide assessment feedback
- Edit test items
- Run training and standardisation activities when required
- Support administration of In sessional and English Language testing as required
Department University Education Services - English Support
Vacancy location UK, London, London Shepherd's Bush
- Educated to degree-level
- A Master's degree
- CELTA or equivalent
- English Language and/ or assessment experience
- Significant experience of EAP in an appropriate HE context
- Proven excellent teaching, communication and team-working skills;
- Substantial recent relevant experience of teaching English for Academic purposes;
- Passionate educator who demonstrates passion in their subject;
- Experience in teaching and supporting learners in preparation for UK HE studies;
- Proven experience in writing engaging learning materials for face to face and online delivery
- Fellowship of the HEA (desirable) or commitment to achieving this through undertaking a PGCLT, BPP's accredited CPD scheme (essential)
- Excellent IT Skills experience working with Word, conference/web software
Contract Hours 37.50