Research Fellow, School of Earth Sciences
- An opportunity exists for a researcher with experience in geological barriers on groundwater flow and solute transport
- Salary range: Level B ($100,374 - $118,776 p.a.) plus 17% superannuation
- Full time and 3 year fixed term appointment
Faculty of Science
School of Earth Sciences
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked amongst the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research-intensive universities. With an enviable research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to ‘innovate and inspire’ there is no better time to join Western Australia’s top University.
About the opportunity
As the appointee, you will join a collaborative team of researchers on an ARC Linkage project focused on understanding the effect of geological barriers on groundwater flow and solute transport. The appointee will contribute to the design of a field-sampling program, and work independently to perform data analysis including conceptual model development and numerical analysis with a focus on assimilating geologic, geophysical and hydro chemical data.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- A PhD in hydrogeology or a closely related field
- Demonstrated ability to design and conduct hydrogeological studies
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team
- Demonstrated ability to publish in high impact scientific journals
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with a variety of stakeholders, including collaborators in the project and scientific peers
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, work within budgets and report according to specifications
- Experience in combining and evaluating diverse data sets including geophysics, geochemical and hydrogeological data in the development of Hydrogeological conceptual and/or numerical models (desirable)
To succeed in this position, you will possess strong communication and collaboration skills with proven ability to work effectively in a team as well as externally with industry and government departments.
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description.
Closing date: Thursday, 9 July 2020
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia.
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Our commitment to inclusion and diversity
UWA is committed to a diverse workforce. We celebrate inclusion and diversity and believe gender equity is fundamental to achieving our strategic objectives.
- We have child friendly areas on campus, including childcare facilities. Flexible work arrangements, part-time hours and job sharing will all be considered.
- UWA has been awarded Platinum Employer Status for being a Top Ten Employer for LGBTI Inclusion by the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2019).
- UWA has also been awarded Athena Swan Bronze Accreditation in 2020