Research Associate / PhD Student Machine Learning for Computer Vision
At TU Dresden, Faculty of Computer Science, Institute of Artificial Intelligence, the Chair of Machine Learning for Computer Vision offers a position as
Research Associate / PhD Student
Machine Learning for Computer Vision
(subject to personal qualification employees are remunerated according to salary group E 13 TV-L)
starting at the next possible date. The position is limited for three years with the option of an extension. The period of employment is governed by the Fixed Term Research Contracts Act (Wissenschaftszeitvertragsgesetz-WissZeitVG). The position aims at obtaining further academic qualification (PhD). Balancing family and career is an important issue. The post is basically suitable for candidates seeking part-time employment. Please tell us in your application.
- curiosity-driven basic research of fundamental mathematical optimization problems in the field of machine learning
- design and analysis of algorithms for solving these problems, exactly or approximatively
- implementation, empirical analysis and comparison of these algorithms with respect to real data
- publication of findings and insights in internationally leading conferences and journals
- teaching assistance, esp. co-supervision of student research projects, and tutoring, in English.
- a very good university degree in mathematics or computer science or a related discipline
- comprehensive education in mathematics, especially in discrete mathematics and one area of mathematical optimization (e.g. Mathematical Programming, Convex Optimization)
- publications in leading conferences or journals are a strong plus at the entry level of a scientific career
- curiosity and strong interest in rigorous methodological research
- very good programming skills in C++
- very good scientific writing skills in English. (Knowledge of German is not required for this position).
Applications from women are particularly welcome. The same applies to people with disabilities.
Please submit your comprehensive application including the usual documents (CV, degree certificates, transcript of records, etc.) by 31.07.2020 (stamped arrival date of the university central mail service applies) preferably via the TU Dresden SecureMail Portal https://securemail.tu-dresden.de by sending it as a single pdf document to email@example.com or to: TU Dresden, Fakultät Informatik, Institut für Künstliche Intelligenz, Professur für Maschinelles Lernen für Computer Vision, Herrn Prof. Dr. rer. nat. Björn Andres, Helmholtzstr. 10, 01069 Dresden. Please submit copies only, as your application will not be returned to you. Expenses incurred in attending interviews cannot be reimbursed.
Reference to data protection: Your data protection rights, the purpose for which your data will be processed, as well as further information about data protection is available to you on the website: https: //tu-dresden.de/karriere/datenschutzhinweis
Please find the german version under: https://tu-dresden.de/stellenausschreibung/7703.