Postdoctoral Research Associate, Wireless Security
- Opportunity exists for a strong researcher with a background in wireless networks, cyber-security and artificial intelligence
- Located on the Darlington Campus at the School of Electrical and Information Engineering
- Full-time Level A, 2 years fixed term with a base salary of $91K - $101K p.a., plus leave loading and a generous employer’s contribution to superannuation
About the opportunity
Reporting to Professor Teng Joon Lim, the Postdoctoral Research Associate will contribute to the research of the School of Electrical and Information Engineering and develop research expertise relevant to cyber-security and data throughput in wireless networks.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for a Postdoctoral Research Associate who has:
- completed (or near completion) a PhD in the field of wireless networks and network cyber-security
- demonstrated skills/knowledge/experience in wireless networks and network cyber-security research and development
- contributed to publications in top tier conferences and journals (e.g., IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security, IEEE INFOCOM, IEEE Globecom)
The School of Electrical and Information Engineering has a reputation for the quality of its graduates, innovation in its undergraduate curriculum, and for the strength of its research and postgraduate teaching programs. The school has achieved major research outcomes in the fields of software, bio-electronics, computer engineering, photonics, power and telecommunication engineering.
Since our inception 160 years ago, the University of Sydney has led to improve the world around us. We believe in education for all and that effective leadership makes lives better. These same values are reflected in our approach to diversity and inclusion and underpin our long-term strategy for growth. We’re Australia's first university and have an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. Across our campuses, we employ over 7600 academic and non-academic staff who support over 60,000 students.
We are undergoing significant transformative change which brings opportunity for innovation, progressive thinking, breaking with convention, challenging the status quo, and improving the world around us.
How to apply
For more information on the position and University, please view the position description available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number 749/0520F to apply.
Closing date: 11:30 pm, Tuesday 30 June 2020 (Sydney time)
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.