Finance Officer, Cashiering and Payable
The Department of Financial Resources seeks an incumbent for the position of Finance Officer (Cashiering & Payables) to perform financial procedures and tasks relating to cashiering, direct and vendor payments, advances, payment requisitions and other functions related to the finance system. Keeps custody of and maintains the accounting for the campus petty cash fund as well as other cash receipts. Maintains and delivers accurate information for payments and receipts to both internal and external clients in the most speedy and efficient manner.
Cashiering function (including petty cash):
- Receives, records, keeps safe custody and deposits all funds received.
- Distributes cash/check payments to internal and external clients.
- Processes the replenishment of the petty cash float on a timely and accurate basis.
- Handling Graduate Programs and International Students Fees Collection.
- Records transactions in the finance system.
- Keeps safe custody of the petty cash float as well as cash collected by other business centers.
- Processes direct payments in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Processes employee expense reimbursements, including follow up to ensure adherence with policies and procedures.
- Records the transactions in a proper manner ensuring compliance with established procedures and guidelines and prepares Journal Vouchers at the end of each month.
- Sorts, matches and files completed documents in an efficient manner.
- Dispatches and tracks payment documents, including payment requisitions, bank letters, etc., to ensure that all transactions are duly completed.
- Responsible for maintaining the vendor payment ledger.
- Assist in staff advances clearance
- Receives, reviews and forwards vendor invoices for appropriate processing.
- Dispatches payments (cash/checks to internal clients), ensuring they are received and appropriately acknowledged.
Students & Research Assistants Payment processing:
- Collates the time sheets, ensuring that they are properly authorized.
- Processes the payment request in an accurate and timely manner.
- Distributes the salary (in cash) to the students ensuring proper acknowledgement.
- Processes periodic payments (e.g., monthly mobile telephone reimbursements) in a timely and accurate manner.
- Manages the float for National Day float and all other university events
- Assists with foreign payments when required.
- Assists Finance Manager with Bank reconciliation for Zayed University bank accounts.
- Collates and presents information when requested by superiors.
- Responds to queries from internal and external clients in a timely manner.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience dealing with all types of accounting procedures, including cash handling
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Highly computer literate especially MS Office
- Prior experience in cash handling roles is a plus
The University’s benefits package is highly attractive, with competitive salaries free of tax in the U.A.E., Cash housing, a furniture allowance, annual vacation airline tickets for the employee and immediate family, educational subsidies for children and healthcare is provided to the employee and sponsored family members.
In addition to completing the online application form, attach a cover letter, a current CV, and the names and contact details of three professional references.
While we appreciate all applications, you will be contacted only if you are selected for an interview.