Digital Support and Administrative Officer
- Full time, two-year contract based in North Sydney
- An exciting new opportunity to work with the Deputy Vice Chancellor Coordination in developing ACU’s national Catholic ethical capacity and improving the Core Curriculum
- Assist the Senior Manager, Operations and Programs in implementing the ACU Ethics Strategy through the newly founded Ethics Hub
- Provide technical, administrative, and social media marketing expertise in maintaining and developing key digital and online asset
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community that welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across eight campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney, Strathfield and Rome.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU’s mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
About the role:
As the Digital Support and Administrative Officer, you will report directly into the Senior Manager, Operations and Programs, within the Office of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Coordination and will assist in enhancing ACU’s national catholic ethical capacity through the newly founded Ethics Hub and through the Core Curriculum.
- Provide technical, administrative, marketing expertise and ongoing support in the online maintenance and growth of key digital assets and the online delivery of ethics-related content
- Maintaining and updating an Ethics Resource Database and Website through ongoing data entry via the website’s content management system (a website containing intellectual resources and Church teaching on hundreds of ethical topics)
- Developing social media, online, marketing engagement strategies
- Provide administrative support with regards to coordinating and hosting a diverse portfolio of courses, intensive seminars, and conferences
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate:
- Completion of an undergraduate degree in philosophy/ethics or marketing or an equivalent level of knowledge gained through training, Education or experience
- Extensive knowledge of ethics in the Catholic intellectual tradition, including at least one other of the following areas: professional ethics, bioethics, business ethics, legal ethics, philosophy of education, aesthetics or some other branch of ethics
- Experience with data entry in content management systems
- Experience in social media strategy, digital analytics, media relations and/or marketing
How to Apply:
Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the position description. To apply for this role click the "Apply" link below. Visit Hints and Tips on how to apply.
Currently, total remuneration valued to $93,237 - $100,193pa, including current salary component $78,786 - $84,664 pa (HEW Level 6), employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
There will be a 2% salary increase effective 11 July 2020.
General enquiries can be referred to Patrick Langrell, Senior Manager, Operations and Program on (02) 9739 2577 or Patrick.Langrell@acu.edu.au
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
Equal Opportunity and Privacy of personal information is University policy. For more details visit www.acu.edu.au/careers
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Wednesday 3 June 2020