Assistant/Assistant Professor, Division of Outdoor Sports
The Dean of the Faculty of Sports Studies, Masaryk University announces an open competition for the following academic position:
Assistant or Assistant Professor at the Department of Athletics, Swimming and Outdoor Sports (Division of Outdoor Sports) for teaching subjects Specialization Biathlon, Cross-Country Skiing and Specialization Cross-Country Skiing.
- Master’s degree in the field of Secondary School Teacher Training in Physical Education,
- Ph.D. degree or started study of doctoral study programme in the area of kinanthropology,
- documented II. or higher biathlon coaching class,
- firearms license,
- Fluent Czech (spoken and written), active knowledge of English (in both oral and written form),
- prerequisites for teaching subjects of the Fitness Trainer program is an advantage.
Description of the main activities:
- teaching subjects Specialization biathlon, Specialization cross-country skiing,
- organization and continuous management of successive winter cross-country skiing training courses,
- participation in summer training courses for hiking, cycling and water tourism,
- supervision and opposition of bachelor's and master's theses,
- scientific research and publishing activities,
- engaging in project activities.
Expected starting date: September 2020. Half time position (20 hours per week).
The salary range for the position is based on the Internal Salary Regulations for MU Academic Staff.
Completed application form including all necessary attachments (structured curriculum vitae, cover letter, photocopies of documents on education, an overview of teaching and other relevant experience, an overview of the most significant publication results) should be delivered to The Personnel Office of Faculty of Sport Studies by June 14, 2020, in a form of the electronic application (below).
Additional information can be found on the websites of Masaryk University or the Faculty of Sports Studies. In case of questions, please contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.