Lecturer, Department of Biochemistry
Dean of the Faculty of Science, Masaryk University announces an open competition for the position Lecturer
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Science, Masaryk University in Brno, Czech Republic
Type of Contract: temporary position with 3-years contract, academic
Working Hours: part-time employment of 20 hours per week
Expected Start Date: 1.7.2020
Number of Open Positions: 1
Application Deadline: 13.6.2020
About the Workplace
Masaryk University is the second-largest university in the Czech Republic with nine faculties, more than 5000 staff, and more than 30 000 students. As a comprehensive research-intensive university with a strong international standing, our mission is to pursue top-quality research and education.
Faculty of Science MU, a proud holder of the HR Excellence in Research Award by the European Commission, is a research-oriented faculty, offering university education (Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Doctoral degree programs) closely linked to both primary and applied research and high school teaching of the following sciences: Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Earth sciences. We are the most productive scientific unit of the Masaryk University generating around 40 % of MU research results.
The Department of Biochemistry at the Faculty of Science MU deals with basic and applied research on metabolism of microorganisms, mammals, plants and the development of (bio)analytical methods. Educational activity is based on a wide range of biochemical, molecular-biological and bioanalytical areas for several programs in bachelor's, master's and doctoral studies, http://www1.sci.muni.cz/cz/UBCH/
- Lecturer for the Czech study program Biotechnology (part-time job).
- Preparation and management of laboratory courses and seminars.
- Focus on biochemical engineering - especially bioreactor and related processes, the use of bioreactors in biotechnology and molecular-biological studies.
- Possibility of creative activity in the field of biochemical-biotechnological research.
Skills and Qualifications
The applicant must have:
- University degree in a Master’s program of Biochemistry and Ph.D. degree.
- Experience in applied biochemistry, minimum of 2 years after completing PhD studies.
- Practical skills with bioreactors and molecular-biological methods for biotechnological use.
- Pedagogical experience, including supervisor of bachelor's and master's theses.
- Ability to teach in the Czech language, professional knowledge of English.
The applicant should have:
- Advanced user work on a PC with commonly used programs.
- An interesting job in a dynamically-expanding university area
- Flexible working hours and occasional home office to support personal needs in family and career compatibility
- Employee benefits such as 8 weeks of paid vacation per year, pension insurance contribution, contribution to lunches in canteens of MU or meal vouchers, discounted language courses, discount in the university cinema, exclusive mobile tariff offer by Vodafone
- Opportunity to work and live in a modern and dynamic city (for more information on costs of living, you can refer to Numbeo)
- Support with your relocation to Brno by our International Staff Office
The application shall be submitted online by 13.6.2020 via an e-application (Please, use the link in the e-Application section below).
The candidate shall provide following:
- Motivation Letter
- An overview of current pedagogical and professional activities.
After submitting your application successfully, you will receive an automatic confirmation email from jobs.muni.cz.
Received applications will be considered carefully in line with principles of the EU Charter and Code for Researchers. Selection criteria: (i) meeting qualification requirements described above, (ii) all required documents provided.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for a personal or Skype interview.
The Faculty Recruitment Policy (OTM-R) can be seen here.
Faculty of Science, Masaryk University is an equal opportunity employer. We support diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!