Senior Information Assistant, Document Delivery and E-resources
Salary: £24,551 to £28,849 per annum - including London Allowance
Closing Date: Sunday 21 June 2020
Interview Date: To be confirmed
Permanent, Full time
We are seeking to appoint a customer-focussed and highly motivated individual to the role of Senior Information Assistant (Document Delivery and E-Resources).
Reporting to the Head of Acquisitions and Content Delivery, the SIA (Document Delivery and E-resources) will be part of a customer-focussed team that seeks to provide information resources to College staff and students efficiently and cost-effectively. Specifically, the successful applicant will coordinate activities relating to the Library's inter-library loans service, digital copies for teaching service, and accessible copies service. The post holder will also support the work of the Journals and Databases Coordinator and the Book Acquisitions Coordinator by carrying out tasks relating to e-resources acquisitions and management.
Key responsibilities include:
- Supervision and support of a team of Information Assistants in the timely and efficient handling of inter-library loan requests from Royal Holloway staff and students, and handling requests from other libraries for inter-library loan of items held in our collections;
- Supervision and support of a team of Information Assistants in the efficient and legally compliant handling of digital copies of teaching requests;
- Handling requests for accessible copies from individual students with disabilities registered with the College’s Disability and Dyslexia service;
- Supporting the administration, acquisition and management of e-resources
- Responding to and resolving staff and student queries about inter-library loans and e-resource access issues.
You will have excellent communication skills, possess accuracy and attention to detail, be able to use initiative to prioritize and manage their your effectively, and have a commitment to providing a high quality service.
A confident user of IT, you will be able to collect and present management information and data, and evaluate workflows and use problem solving skills to support service developments. You will have the ability to understand and work within a regulatory framework to ensure the library is compliant with its legal obligations. It is essential that you work well as part of a team, and that you are committed to your personal professional development.
This is a full-time, permanent post of 35 hours a week, to be worked Monday-Friday.
Royal Holloway is London's highest performing University for Student Satisfaction for the second year running. We are based in Egham, Surrey, where Royal Holloway is situated in a beautiful campus within commuting distance from London.
For an informal discussion about the post, please contact Phil Bower at email@example.com
Please quote the reference: 0520-123
Closing Date: Midnight, 21 June 2020
Interview Date: TBC
Please note that it will not be possible for the College to issue a Certificate of Sponsorship for successful candidates as this role does not fall into one of the standard occupational codes deemed eligible for sponsorship by UK Visas and Immigration and the pro-rata salary will not meet the minimum threshold set by UK Visas and Immigration. Successful candidates will therefore need to be eligible to work in the UK or have limited leave to remain in the UK and associated right to work for the duration of their employment with the College, in accordance with the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006.