The Admissions & Registration Department seeks an incumbent for the position of Admissions Officer to effectively organize and deliver a range of high-quality recruitment programs and events for potential students and their key influencers to ensure that the University’s goals in the area of student recruitment are met. Develops and maintains excellent relations with internal and external partners to ensure ZU enrolment is growing. Travels across the Emirates to attend all higher education and career fairs on behalf of the university.
- Plans, implements and evaluates effective recruitment strategies for attracting potential students. Recommends and spearheads the development of recruitment materials, presentations and reports. Ensures that potential and new students feel welcome at ZU.
- Coordinates and delivers a program of visits to high schools across the Emirates to provide students, teachers, and parents with accurate information in an appropriate format about all of the aspects of studying at and applying to ZU.
- Reviews and assesses applications, applying knowledge of the university requirements; develops databases of potential students to enhance student enrollment. Encourages and informs families to be supportive to ZU missions.
- Maintains excellent relations with general public and private high schools, Ministry of Education Zones, National Admissions / Placement Office and other partners who ensure ZU enrolment is growing.
- Travels to attend all national higher education and career fairs across the Emirates on behalf of the university.
- Provides follow up reports regarding recruitment activities and future plans.
Public Relations and Relationships Building
- Researches, contacts and builds effective relationships with schools in all emirates across the UAE for capturing students.
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with college advisors and counselors.
- Plans and organizes promotional events at ZU as well as various public and private high schools. Prepares promotion materials, delivers presentations and addresses students queries regarding admission at ZU.
New Programs and Events Management
- Plans and organizes the high school visits to campuses, parent visits, school counselor meetings and events where ZU is showcased.
- Plans and spearheads the new student orientation, as required.
- Prepares and presents the relevant reports on student recruitment, student interest in ZU, intake rates and market surveys, etc., as and when required.
Registrar’s Office Support
- As required, supports functions of Admissions and Registrar’s Office during peak periods and when other employees are absent.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in marketing or related field from an accredited institution and minimum of two years relevant experience and or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Bilingual (Arabic/English).
Other essential requirements
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- A high level of commitment, initiative and motivation.
- Knowledge of marketing techniques; report writing techniques; record-keeping techniques; telephone techniques; and etiquette.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills, attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to travel across UAE and deal with male and female students is a must
- Prior demonstrated experience using Microsoft software including, but not limited to Word, Excel, Power Point, Access, and Outlook email.
Desired or preferred requirements
- Flexibility to adapt to changing situations and deadline pressures.
- Quality external and internal customer service skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize accordingly.
- A commitment to multiculturalism and diversity.
The University’s benefits package is highly attractive, with competitive salaries free of tax in the U.A.E., Cash housing, a furniture allowance, annual vacation airline tickets for the employee and immediate family, educational subsidies for children and healthcare is provided to the employee and sponsored family members.
In addition to completing the online application form, attach a cover letter, a current CV, and the names and contact details of three professional references.
While we appreciate all applications, you will be contacted only if you are selected for an interview.