Application Support Analyst
Job Profile IT - IT Support
Contract Type Permanent
You will provide diagnostic and cause analysis incident support for identified internal applications. In this role you will support business requirements through provision of application services. You will act as the operational technical expert for identified applications, sharing knowledge as appropriate through intranet documentation and running training sessions.
- Triaging and managing incident and request tickets using internal ticket management software.
- Diagnosing causes of incidents, reported by students and staff that are related to application services, and recommending options to resolve the problem.
- Providing support of business processes that use one or many applications or application services.
- Acting as operational technical expert for identified applications, sharing knowledge as appropriate through intranet documentation and training sessions.
- Supporting business requirements through provision of application services.
- Liaising with IT infrastructure services, in support of applications maintenance and development activities.
- Co-ordinating and assisting each line of business with opportunities for shared applications and common business efficiencies.
- Supporting improvement initiatives involving business applications.
- Supporting the strategy for strategic, tactical and maintenance activities.
- Taking responsibility for: time management; reporting and monitoring; risk management; issue management; quality assurance; and change management.
- Supporting other application team members as appropriate for the implementation of application related activities.
- Carrying out other tasks as agreed with the internal Applications Manager.
Department Technology - Operations
Vacancy location Location UK, North West, Manchester St James's
The successful candidate is degree qualified with relevant professional qualification and experience. You must have significant experience of working within an IT team providing second and third line technical support of applications. You must be aware of industry and professional standards (e.g. ISO 9001) in addition to your formal training in service management disciplines (e.g. ITIL). You are required to have a broad technical understanding of Ruby, PHP and/pr C#.NET or JAVA applications and common operational issues. It is essential for you to have knowledge of standard database technologies (Oracle/MS SQL Server) in addition to working knowledge of supporting AWS based applications as well as confidence in command line Red Hat Linux environment.
Please see the attached job description for a full list of essential and preferred candidate criteria.
Contract Hours 37.50
Full Job Description