Proposal Development Specialist I
Proposal Development Specialist
Scope and Role of the Position:
Support Research Centers and Faculty members to complete submissions of Bids, technical and financial proposals in response to solicitations from for external organizations and funding agencies. Work with different groups to produce professionally written proposals and supporting documents that clearly articulate the organization’s value proposition. Demonstrate the ability to successfully manage and complete multiple concurrent initiatives, within demanding deadlines. Proven experience in relationship building, internally and externally.
The applicant is expected to have proven skills in producing and editing proposal content within a complex business environment. Demonstrated ability and experience in leading storyboarding sessions, including key review meetings/final document review, content sign off and document production.
- Establish processes to discover opportunities for external funding of research projects, identify consultation services, and foster collaboration with industry
- Proactively conduct background research on topics relevant to an upcoming solicitation, including a written summary of key areas and expertise relevant to these topics
- Identify, network and engage key stakeholders in the development of a proposal in response to a solicited or unsolicited request for a proposal
- Organize and lead sessions with bid/proposal team members and key stakeholders.
- Assist the bid/proposal manager in developing a proposal structure
- Identify and re-work existing pre-written content into new proposals, where relevant
- Edit and rewrite, to the extent practicable, proposal response from a variety of stakeholders, typically involving contributions from sales, marketing, technical/product teams, finance, commercial, legal and delivery, to ensure clarity and correctness
- Deliver completed written proposal responses to the Program Manager against agreed RFP deadlines, escalating issues as required
- Ability to coach sales teams and subject matter experts in writing best practice
- Experience in using proposal automation software (or similar) experience
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to communicate and influence at a senior level
- Strong time management/prioritization skills
- Strong written English language skills
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Submission of successful bids/proposals.
- Master Degree or equivalent (ideally English Literature) or journalistic / Law/ or MBA holder with professional writing background.
- Advanced MS Word skills & proficiency in using MS Office Suite
- Proven records of success in writing and editing successful proposals and bids.
Associate Provost for Research