Job Profile Human Resources - Payroll
Contract Type Permanent
The role holder will support the Business by efficiently and effectively delivering payroll advice and support. This role is part of an established and busy HR Team. You should be looking for an environment where you can make a real difference by providing excellent support to the business and across the HR team.
The role will work very closely with the HR Admin Team to ensure consistency of service and advice is achieved.
Of note, the interviews will take place at the end of April 2020 with the role commencing ASAP afterwards.
The key responsibilities of the role (although not exhaustive) will be to:
- Manage the ‘Payroll Inbox', working closely with the HR Admin Team to co-ordinate responses
- Administer and adhere to all payroll processes and instructions, taking responsibility for ensuring data input is accurate and timely. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Information related to new starters and leavers;
- Maternity/paternity/sickness absence/parental leave and any other periods of paid/unpaid leave;
- Pay review salary changes;
- Ad hoc deductions/payments;
- Tax codes, Pay groups;
- Loans that are deducted via payroll such as student loans, season ticket loans, etc.
- Payment discrepancies
- Action overtime payments including responding to general queries and consolidating the information from the business for upload;
- To assist with the monthly reconciliation process, producing the necessary reports required by the Finance team and the HMRC;
- Administer 3rd party payments and any manual payment requests (when necessary) to the Finance team
- Give clear, concise and timely advice in response to day-to-day queries from line managers, employees and the wider HR team
- Assist and support the Payroll Manager in wider HR projects and people transformation initiatives that relate to payroll enhancements
- Adhoc duties as directed by the Payroll Manager to support the HR Admin Team
Department HR and L&D - Payroll
Vacancy location UK, London, London Liverpool Street
With proven payroll experience, the successful candidate will be able to place work into the bigger context of HR/payroll best practice and the business in general. A proactive, customer-focused approach and the ability to communicate clearly and in a professional, courteous manner both verbally and in writing is required. A CIPP qualification is strongly preferred. Strong working knowledge of Microsoft office, especially excel (including detailed spreadsheets), Word and Outlook is essential.
With strong organizational skills with attention to detail you will perform your daily tasks with a high level of accuracy. Experience of Zellis (previously Northgate) Resource Link is desirable, but working knowledge of an HR/payroll system is essential and also the ability to learn systems quickly. You must be able to work as part of a team, share knowledge/advice and offer assistance to others.
You must also be capable of time managing and taking ownership of your own workload in order to ensure that strict deadlines are met with minimal supervision. You will be expected to treat others within the team with courtesy and respect and work with others to solve problems, using the advice and ideas of others collaboratively. It is imperative that you conduct yourself professionally; maintaining the strictest levels of confidentiality at all times.
Contract Hours 37.50
Full Job Description