Student Services Administrator
The Department and role purpose Financial Services represents the larger part of the Finance Department and includes all the processing and compliance functions including e.g. payroll, accounts payable, student services, credit control and compliance.
Reporting to the Student Services Assistant Manager, this is a business facing function supporting the organisation as a whole and at all levels with respect to student finance services:
- Assist with the raising of tuition fee and residence charge invoices to students and sponsors.
- Assist with operating a compliant direct debit collection service.
- Process adjustments to charges arising for a variety of reasons.
- Answer queries arising from a variety of stakeholders and monitor the types of query.
- Overall work efficiently and effectively as part of the student services team to provide a high quality service.
- Work with team members to ensure the smooth running of administrative processes to support people and business activities, ensuring that applicants are eligible for an award, and that payments are made in line with the requirements of the award.
- Apply standard procedures to process, check and reconcile anomalies within scholarship data and information sets.
- Compile, record, store and archive data and information to ensure the accuracy and safety of information.
- Liaise with representatives from other service areas, professional organisations and agencies where necessary, including the various scholarship providers.
- Use standard office-based IT systems (including Banner and Oracle Financials), tools and equipment to carry out data recording, communications and networking.
- Provide service and support for networks, scholarship committees and meetings, to draft and distribute documents and communications in standard professional formats.
- Process and update key business documentation, ensuring payments are made using the appropriate payment method(s) on behalf of the office.
- Liaise with internal and external suppliers and specialists with the organisation, planning and delivery of services, activities and events.
- Any other reasonable duties required in the context of student finance services.