IT - Application Development
Contract Type Permanent
The Technical Lead provide technical leadership to relevant BPP agile development squads. Manage the development, lead and consult on the overall development of all application components in the BPP Architecture. Ensure all work is carried out to the highest standard following BPP SDLC processes, Agile/DevOps and industry best practices. Ensure all team members are mentored, engaged and fully understand the work being undertaken. Contribute to and be responsible for the continuous change and Never Stand Still attitude of the IT Department and business as a whole.
- Lead the squad estimation, development, testing and documentation of application components in line with Architecture and overall IT strategy
- Provide technical leadership to all members of the squad, facilitate agile/scrum ceremonies and control the backlog
- Line management and performance/career development of developers in the squad
- Liaise with the business and Architecture teams to clarify and agree requirements, and create development roadmaps
- Work directly with the Architecture team to ensure designs are accurate and understood
- Work with the project managers and PMO team to support project delivery
- Work with the Head of Software Development and other Technical Leads to improve SDLC processes, ensure development methodology and best practices are consistently followed in all areas
- Report and feedback to the Head of Software Development in a timely manner on any/all risks to BPP as/if they present themselves
Department Technology - Operations
Vacancy location Location UK, North West, Manchester St James's
You must be effective at acquiring an understanding of a problem or situation and developing an approach to drive forward solutions. Clear demonstration of bringing business focused recommendations and driving them forward to implementation. You must have the ability to bring clarity of purpose, taking account of overall objectives and strategies when dealing wit operational pressure. Furthermore, you must be effective in the application of relevant industry and process standards to all tasks undertaken.
Employment Details Contract Hours 37.50
Attachments Full Job Description