Adjunct Faculty, Assistant/Associate/Full Professor in College of Humanities and Social Sciences
Zayed University, a premier university in the United Arab Emirates, is an innovative institution based on an international model of higher education. With its campuses in Abu Dhabi and Dubai, it prepares graduates to become leaders in government, business, civil society, and family life. The University expects its graduates to be competent in English and Arabic, proficient in the use of computing technology, and strong in quantitative and research skills.
English is the primary language of instruction and administration.
Zayed University is fully accredited in the UAE and by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education in the US.
The UAE is a progressive country known for its high standard of living and its safe and family-friendly environment.
The College of Humanities and Social Sciences (CHSS) is comprised of three departments – the Department of Social Sciences, the Department of International Studies, the Department of Islamic World Studies, and the Department of Legal Studies - that contribute to the University‘s general education program as well as the College’s undergraduate and graduate programs that include: BA International Studies; MA Diplomacy and International Affairs and MA Judicial Studies. the majors in the College take abroad, multidisciplinary approach to the study of politics, society, economy, and law at the local, regional and international levels.
The College of Humanities and Social Sciences is inviting applications for part time positions. Candidates should hold a doctorate or an MA in Humanities and Social Sciences, especially in the following disciplines: Islamic Studies, Political Science, International Studies, History, Anthropology, Sociology, Law, Islamic Sharia, Civil or Civil Procedures Law, Public or Criminal Law, Administrative Law, Commercial or Business Law, International Private Law. And are able to teach in the university’s general education program as well as more advanced courses for majors’ students which focus on such topics as Political Science, International Studies, Islamic Civilization, Emirates Studies Islamic law and Culture and Contemporary Muslim Societies.
Successful candidates will fully meet the expectations for the position, which include:
- A Ph.D or M.A in Islamic Studies (Usul al-din, Usul al-fiqh, Ethics, History of Arabic Sciences and Philosophy or any related discipline), Sociology, Anthropology or in Near Eastern Studies, Political Science or International Relations, Civil or Civil Procedures Law, Public or Criminal Law, Administrative Law, Commercial or Business Law, International Private Law.
- A proven record of excellence at baccalaureate-level teaching
- Dedication to curricular innovation
- Demonstrated ability to integrate web-based and/or digital technology in the classroom
- Proven capacity to teach in both Arabic and English Languages.
- Familiarity, and prior experience with, the US model of general education is desirable
In addition to completing the online application form, attach a cover letter, a current CV, the names and contact details of three professional references, a statement of teaching philosophy and a statement of scholarly and creative interests.
The review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
More searches like this
- Permanent Politics & International Studies Academic Posts jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Permanent Politics & International Studies Professors / Chairs jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Permanent Politics & International Studies Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Permanent Politics & International Studies Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in United Arab Emirates