Laboratory Assistant, College of Technological Innovation
The College of Technological Innovation seeks an incumbent for the position of Laboratory Assistant to provide to support, organize, prepare for, and assist in teaching laboratory classes at both the undergraduate and graduate level, and to support faculty and student practical laboratory projects.
- Assists the academic staff in conducting laboratory classes at the undergraduate and graduate level.
- Tests new laboratory exercises as needed.
- Assists technical staff in handling orders of additional hardware and software for the lab courses.
- Sets up computers, equipment, and supplies for lab classes.
- Liaises with technical staff to coordinate laboratory activities for senior project students.
- Maintains a repository for student projects.
- Assists in scheduling/coordinating student and faculty access to computer equipment and facilities.
- Assists in planning and implementing IT support to the College during on and off campus events.
- Must possess a Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field from an accredited institution with a minimum of 0-1 years of experience in a related field or a combination of relevant education and experience.
- 1 year of teaching assistant or laboratory assistant experience- preferred.
- Sound Knowledge of Networking Concepts and Multi- Operating System platforms, specifically Windows and Linux, and familiarity with virtualization.
- Fluent in written and oral English.
The University’s benefits package is highly attractive, with competitive salaries, housing, a furniture allowance, annual vacation airline tickets for the employee and immediate family, educational subsidies for children and healthcare is provided to the employee and sponsored family members.
In addition to completing the online application form, attach a cover letter, a current CV, and the names and contact details of three professional references.
While we appreciate all applications, you will be contacted only if you are selected for an interview.