Lecturer/Senior Lecturer, Nursing, Indigenous Units
CQUniversity is committed to the improvement of employment outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. The aim of our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Employment and Career Development Strategy is to address the under-representation of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people across all CQUniversity campuses. The filling of this position is intended to constitute an equal opportunity measure under section 8(1) of the Racial Discrimination Act 1975 (Cth) and s 105 of the AntiDiscrimination Act 1991 (Qld). This position is therefore only open to Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander applicants.
- Continuing, Full Time
- School of Nursing, Midwifery and Social Sciences
- CQUniversity Rockhampton or Townsville
- Total Remuneration – Academic B $116,650 to $138,526 pa | Academic C $142,901 to $164,328 pa
- Inclusive of annual cash salary plus 17% super and 12.96% leave loading
Join an organisation with an unbreakable belief that quality education, training and research should be available to everyone – regardless of background, location or life circumstances.
The School of Nursing, Midwifery and Social Sciences is recognised as a leader in nursing education. Our academics are lauded for learning, teaching, research and community engagement. We benefit from strong industry ties and strive to maintain the high standards of ever-changing healthcare.
CQUniversity are currently seeking a passionate and highly experienced Lecturer or Senior Lecturer to coordinate and deliver the various Indigenous units aligned to CQUniversity’s Bachelor of Nursing. This vacancy is your opportunity to make a true strategic influence on the future direction of the undergraduate course and take your academic career to the next level. This role will allow you to participate in or lead research projects that are important to you and mentor other emerging academic staff. You will enjoy a handson teaching approach ensuring a deeper connection is achieved with your students made possible with CQUniversity’s advanced distance education technology.
With over 20 Australian campuses, our national footprint is among the largest and fastest growing. Whether you’re interested in living in Rockhampton for a more relaxed, regional lifestyle or Townsville for a more coastal vibe, our generous relocation packages will take you and your family there.
- Relevant post-graduate qualifications and experience in Nursing or another related area.
- Proven ability to teach and supervise undergraduate and postgraduate University students with experience engaging with tertiary students and supporting their educational development through multimodal delivery strategies.
- Proven research track record with the ability to contribute to research in the School.
- Demonstrated ability to make a positive contribution to a team culture through highly effective communication and interpersonal skills.
Apply today for a career that changes lives www.cqu.edu.au/jobs
- Applications Close: 11:59 pm, Sunday, 1 March 2020
- Vacancy Reference Number: 33498
You must submit the following documents in order to be eligible for consideration for this role: Cover Letter (optional), Current Resume outlining your qualifications relevant to Position Description, Responses to Selection Criteria. Use uppercase alphabetic or numeric characters only in your file names. Do not use any characters such as apostrophe (‘), slash (/), ampersand (&) etc. except in your email address. “Applicants for the position must have full time work rights.”