Digital Teaching and Learning Developer
The Multimedia Graphic Designer supports the United Arab Emirates University’s Center for excellence in Teaching and Learning (CETL) in all aspects of production and post-production of online & offline course materials. The main focus of this position is the creation of video graphics used in UAEU’s online courses. This position also develops graphic elements and branding materials for the courses, as well as CETL’s communications assets. The Multimedia Graphic Designer will also assist with video editing and filming. In addition, this position will manage the post-processing video tasks for the assigned online courses, including creating and maintaining all asset management documents and systems, coordinating with faculty or the course managers on revisions and approvals, and performing all other tasks associated with the building and release of course material.
- Design and develop graphics and branding materials used in online courses as well as CETL’s communications materials.
- Re-design and revise faculty-provided course materials.
- Integrate graphical representations of teaching concepts into audio and video assets for online courses.
- Produce artworks and provide creative feedback for CETL’s communication efforts in collaboration with the different university’s units. Video Production and Post-Production
- Support CETL team in all aspects of production and post-production.
- Create substantive edits of video footage under the direction of CETL’s Director.
- Execute basic post-production effects and finalizing tasks to CETL’s video assets.
- Creating ‘rough-cut’ of the course video immediately after the recording.
- Working creatively to produce original and aesthetic 2D & 3D animations. Project Management
- Maintain course spreadsheets, upload course assets to edX Studio, and edit transcripts as necessary
- Maintain regular contact with course faculty and managers on approval status for video assets and iterative feedback
See Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in animation, graphic design, film production, or related field.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in graphic design & video production with distinctive storytelling ability.
- Proficiency and strong hands-on experience with Final Cut Pro, Adobe Creative Suite & 3Ds Max or Maya.
- Hand-on experience with 3d modeling and 3d animation will be an added advantage.
- Ability to do animations in after effects will be a major plus.
- Videography and photography skills are a must.
- Ability to translate written text into 2d and 3d graphic representations.
- Ability to work cooperatively with the CETL’s creative team.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with different deadlines and priority levels.
- Fluency in English language.
Division University College
Department University Foundation Program
Job Close Date 30-04-2020
Job Category Staff
Salary 6000 to 15000 AED