Postdoctoral Research Position at the Skoltech Laboratory of Materials Discovery of the CEST
The Computational Materials Design Laboratory of the Center for Energy Science and Technology (CEST) at the Skolkovo Institute of Science and Technology (Skoltech) in Moscow opens competition among young researchers and invites applications for postdoctoral research positions in the field of computational materials science. The focus of the research is the implementation of the research program of the Russian Science Foundation grant No. 19-72-30043 “Computational materials design laboratory”. Selection of applications will be carried out by the Commission under the leadership of the head of the Laboratory (Prof. Artem R. Oganov).
The research program includes the following research areas:
- Crystal structure prediction and search for novel 3D and low-dimensional materials and compounds. Development and application of novel methods of computational materials discovery.
- Materials of interest include electrides, catalysts, ferromagnets, superconductors.
- Computational studies of strongly correlated materials using dynamical mean-field theory.
- Machine learning methods for modeling interatomic interactions, and for predicting materials properties.
Requirements for applicants:
- age under 35 years old;
- the scientific degree of candidate of science or the Ph.D. degree obtained at a Russian or foreign university and recognized on the territory of the Russian Federation;
- experience in the field of condensed matter physics, crystallography, chemistry, or materials science;
- the absence of labor relations with the Skolech (including external part-time work) from January 1, 2019, until the day of the announcement of the competition;
- at least four publications (WoS and Scopus).
To submit an application please visit:
https://ученые-исследователи.рф/ – choose vacancy ID VAC_59759
https://join.skoltech.ru/how-to-apply/ – choose vacancy “Open competition for postdoctoral research positions at the Skoltech Computational Materials Design Laboratory of the Center for Energy Science and Technology (CEST)”
Applications submission deadline – February 27h, 2020, 23:55 Moscow, Russia time
Winners announcement – no later than March 13th, 2020 23:55 Moscow, Russia time
The application documents list:
- Application form
- A CV in free form, with a list of scientific papers, certificates for inventions, implemented in practice of large projects and developments, if any
- Research statement
- Statement of Purpose/Motivation letter
- References from experts in the specified field of science (at least two)
- Copy of higher education document
- Copy of the PhD degree (or equivalent)
- Scientific papers of the candidate (optional)
- Recommendation of the supervisor from the previous place of work (at the discretion of the applicant)
- Other documents confirming the level of qualification of the applicant (at the discretion of the applicant)
Applicants should submit only one application (if several applications are submitted, then the latter one is considered for participation in the competition).
The absence of the full package of documents may be the reason for rejecting the application.
The application must be submitted in Russian or English. Documents in languages other than Russian or English must be provided with a translation into Russian or English. Documents provided in languages other than Russian and English without translation, will not be accepted for evaluation.
Terms of appointment
The winners of the competition should begin working at Skoltech no later than 120 days after the announcement of the winners of the competition.
Labor contracts will be signed with the competition winners for the period of no longer than12 (twelve) months each, with the subsequent renewal for the period not exceeding 12 (twelve) months each, and completing the ending period of grant financing.
Benefits include medical insurance and a relocation package may be offered for non-residents of the Moscow region (subject to Skoltech internal regulations).
About the Computational Materials Design Laboratory
The Laboratory is led by Prof. Artem R. Oganov – a member of European Academy (Academia Europaea), Professor of Russian Academy of Sciences, and a recipient of a number of international awards (e.g. Friendship Award of Chinese government, 2019).
The research, performed in the Laboratory is devoted to the development and application of novel computational methods for the discovery of novel materials.
For more information on Skoltech, please visit www.skoltech.ru.