Associate Professor, Economics
- Provide leadership and foster excellence in engagement, research and teaching
- Ongoing position based at RMIT's Melbourne city campus
- Academic Level C or D ($118,291 to $156,921p.a + 17% super)
RMIT is a global university of technology, design and enterprise. Our mission is to help shape the world through research, innovation, teaching and engagement, and to create transformative experiences for our students, getting them ready for life and work.
RMIT Business programs are delivered in Melbourne, Vietnam, Singapore, Shanghai and Jakarta, as well as through Open Universities Australia (OUA) and RMIT Online. The School aims to lead the way in providing high-quality industry focused academic programs that are responsive to the needs of the professions and provide leadership in innovative thinking. We offer the following undergraduate and postgraduate coursework programs known for their practicality, industry relevance and flexible delivery:
- Bachelor of Business (Economics and Finance)
- Bachelor of Business (Marketing)
- Master of Finance
- Master of Marketing
The Role and Responsibilities
An Associate Professor is expected to provide leadership and foster excellence in the teaching, research and engagement activities of the School. They are responsible for providing original, innovative and distinguished contributions to the Schools scholarly, research and/or professional profile relevant to the economics discipline at a national and international level.
A Senior Lecturer is expected to contribute to the teaching, research and engagement activities of the School in the economics discipline. The incumbent is expected to make a significant contribution to the delivery of programs and to be involved in scholarly and industry engaged research. They will develop, contribute and lead high quality research projects that are aligned with the Universitys research strengths. An ability to successfully attract research funding and produce high quality outputs is highly desirable.
Skills and Experience Required
The Associate Professor will have the ability to direct and implement program improvements as well as innovative approaches to student-centred learning.
A nationally recognised research track record evidenced by high quality outputs and a demonstrated emerging international profile is required. In addition, extensive experience in research leadership with the ability to build and develop collaborative research teams, mentor academic staff to deliver high quality outcomes, attract and secure external research funding is highly desirable. Extensive experience in successfully supervising higher degree by research candidates is also expected.
The Senior Lecturer will have a passion for research, learning and teaching as well as engagement. They will have the ability to coordinate large courses and prepare and deliver programs including online delivery at undergraduate and post-graduate levels. In addition, they would have displayed leadership and the capacity to contribute to RMITs research and engagement profile both nationally and internationally.
Mandatory: A PhD in a relevant discipline area.
Please go to our careers site here https://yourcareer.rmit.edu.au/ and search via job #584404
For further information please contact Associate Professor Ashton de Silva, via email firstname.lastname@example.org (please do not send applications here).
Were proud to share with you some of our wins:
- RMIT University is an Athena SWAN member with Bronze Award accreditation and the College of Science, Engineering and Health is central to driving improvements in gender equality, diversity and inclusion, particularly in the Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics and Medicine (STEMM) disciplines.
- We were named as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency in 2019.
- We achieved Gold Employer status for LGBTIQ inclusion in the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) in 2018 and now in 2019.
- We were recognised as a top five employer in 2018 for workplace accessibility with the Australian Network on Disability.
- The launch of our second Reconciliation Plan, Dhumbah Goorowa- a "commitment to share" - an important step in our reconciliation journey.
Applications close 11:55 pm on Sunday 2 February 2019.
Applicants are requested to separately address the key selection criteria as outlined in the Position Description and to submit a portfolio of work that demonstrates your creative practice research activities. This role will require satisfactory confirmation of a Working with Children Check.
We are also happy to make adjustments to the recruitment process for your accessibility requirements. Please email email@example.com with your request(s).
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to being a child safe organisation.