Lecturer/Program Coordinator, Human Services
Fixed Term full-time position (3 years)
Location: Wollongong NSW AUSTRALIA
Reference number: LHS231
Nan Tien Institute (NTI) is a private, not for profit, higher education provider and operates from its own state-of-the-art campus that fosters an environment for holistic learning based upon contemplative education.
Accredited by the Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA), Nan Tien Institute offers postgraduate programs in Applied Buddhist Studies, Humanistic Buddhism, Health and Social Wellbeing, and Mental Health, Human Service, as well as customised Continuing Professional Development (CPD) programs and special interest subjects across the areas of mindfulness, contemplation and health.
The Lecturer/Program Coordinator for the Diploma and Bachelor of Human Services will be responsible for the development and delivery of the accredited Human Services courses at Nan Tien Institute’s Unanderra campus. This new program has been created to offer an ethical, compassionate and contemplative health care education to people working in human services with a focus on mental health, aged care and developmental disability. Nan Tien’s programs educate future health staff on caring for themselves in the process of education on caring for others.
- Lead content development and delivery of the TEQSA approved Diploma and Bachelor of Human Services.
- Enact NTI academic, ethical and compassionate values within the role.
- Develop curriculum in accordance with NTI’s contemplative pedagogical model.
- Monitor the performance of the courses with regards to teaching quality, learning quality and student academic outcomes.
- Teach subjects within the courses in accordance with NTI Workload Policy.
- Participate in recruitment of casual program teaching staff.
- Foster a team attitude among teaching staff.
- In conjunction with Head of Health, provide support and assistance to teaching staff on a range of different teaching strategies and effective classroom and distance learning management strategies to meet a range of learning needs.
- Be an active member of the Education Committee, Examination Committee, Course Advisory Committee and Academic Board as required.
- In conjunction with Head of Health, provide course specific advice to students, counsel students on academic matters and facilitate academic progress.
- Enact academic integrity policy and procedures.
- Remain proactive in academic investigations and maintain an educational approach to student academic development.
- Play an active role in student recruitment through school and industry relationships, including attendance at NTI marketing events as required.
- Organise and deliver student orientation sessions at the course level.
- Participate in development and delivery of continuing professional development
- PhD in relevant discipline
- Minimum of 3 years discipline-related work experience in a tertiary institute, including curriculum development, subject coordination, quality teaching, and teaching and learning innovation.
- Minimum of 3 years discipline-related work experience in human services.
- Proven ability to assess priority of tasks, manage workload and meet multiple (or conflicting) deadlines in a busy higher education environment.
- Membership of relevant professional networks.
- Demonstrated high-level interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to develop and maintain networks and contacts and relate to stakeholders from diverse backgrounds.
- Willingness to work within NTI’s values of compassion, wisdom, committed service and practice, including incorporation of Buddhist studies in human service curriculum and personal contemplative practice.
How to apply:
Please provide us with a copy of your resume and cover letter addressing the above selection criteria.
Closing date Saturday 29 February 2020.
For enquiries please contact Human Resources on 02 4258 0746 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Nan Tien Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer.