Programme Team Leader (Engineering)
SRUC is a widely respected further and higher education institute dedicated to producing specialist research, delivering high quality education and providing comprehensive consultancy services in the rural sector within the UK and beyond. An organisation unique in Scotland and one of the largest organisations of its kind in Europe; we aim to lead the way in innovation and sustainable development in the agriculture and rural sectors at local, national and international levels.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to consolidate and grow SRUC’s engineering education and training provision at our Barony Campus.
The successful candidate will have significant and proven relevant technical engineering skills in the commercial sector, together with experience of leading and developing a team of engineers. She/he will also have experience of delivering relevant skills-based training and of working closely with sector stakeholders to identify and develop training needs.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- The development of an industry-led, vibrant programme of growth for SRUC’s Land-based Engineering education and training capability in the South and West Faculty;
- The establishment and maintenance of strong, positive working relationship with sector stakeholders and in particular employers and machinery manufacturers;
- The operational leadership of Land-based Engineering related training and education activities (staff, students/trainees, resources and outputs) in the South and West Faculty;
- The operational leadership, and development of the English Apprenticeship programme to be delivered from the Barony campus;
- To identify opportunities to further develop the academic portfolio for national and international recruitment;
- The development of a good working relationship with colleagues that have relevant interests (e.g. with engineering colleagues at SRUC’s Oatridge campus) so as to maximising business opportunities for the wider SRUC and improve the ‘student/trainee experience’.
- Teaching and training campus-based and work-based students;
- Ensuring the timely preparation of teaching and assessment timetables;
- Ensuring that campus-based and work-based learning programmes meet as a minimum the relevant contractual and QA/QC requirements, including the compilation and submission of internal and external data and reports as required;
- Ensuring cross Faculty standardisation is fully engaged with and implemented;
- To identify and help meet staff training/development needs;
- To ensure compliance with the policy and guidelines on health and safety in teaching.
Informal enquiries may be addressed to Prof Davy McCracken, Head of Department, by email at email@example.com or by telephone on 01292 525 299.
Please note interviews will take place on 12th February.
CV's will not be accepted without a completed application form.
Important information Please download and read the following information before proceeding with your application:
Apply To apply for this role, please click APPLY.
SRUC Leading the way in Agricultural and Rural Research, Education & Consultancy.
SRUC is committed to valuing Diversity, advancing Equality and respecting Human Rights throughout the organisation and encouraging applications from disabled people using the “Disability Confident Employer” symbol. SRUC is a member of the Athena SWAN charter.
SRUC. A Charitable company limited by guarantee, SC003712. Registered in Scotland No SC103046
Closing date 05/02/2020