The Information Technology Department seeks an incumbent for the position of Web Developer to analyze, develop and support software solutions for academic and administrative units.
CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTOR
Develop software applications using pragmatic approach to deliver high quality code at all stages of the product life cycle that meet client requirements, within the specified time frame.
Maintains good and frequent relationship with clients.
- Develop critical web applications in Visual Studio.NET 2010/2012 (.Net framework version 4.0), C#, WCF,MVC architecture to deliver complex multi-threaded solutions as directed by the Team lead
- Create dynamic graphical websites using HTML 5, css ,jQuery and scripting keeping in mind browser compatibility
- Design SQL Server database/Schema Definition including the design and use of stored procedures and indexes. (Preferably SQL Server 2008).Optimizing Query to get faster performance and quick results. Create SSIS Packages for data integration between Administrative systems and develop reports using SQL Server Reporting Services
- Work closely with everyone in the team to turn concepts or projects into an exceptional experience to iPhone users. Design and develop user friendly connected iOS apps using xCode and widgets using Dash Code that integrate with webservices
- Customize look and feel, develop new components, master pages, SharePoint features, web parts, workflows, and site setting implementations using SharePoint Designer and Visual Studio SharePoint Solution
- Deconstruct complex problems into manageable requirements and then develop and implement sensible, reliable and realistic solutions within a dynamic and rapid code development environment without sacrificing quality and time
- Designing and developing new applications from the ground up including documenting API’s , code written, web application, web services and processes
- Must possess a B.S. degree in Computer related field from an accredited Institution with a minimum of 2 years of experience in software development or an equivalent combination of education, skills and experience
- Windows and Web Development experience in a Microsoft environment including: .NET 4.0/C#/Visual Studio 2010/2012, ASP.NET/MVC, HTML, Scripting and CSS
- Proven experience in designing, developing and debugging connected iOS applications with Web Services and xCode
The University’s benefits package is highly attractive, with competitive salaries free of tax in the U.A.E., cash housing, a furniture allowance, annual vacation airline tickets for the employee and immediate family, educational subsidies for children and healthcare is provided to the employee and sponsored family members.
In addition to completing the online application form, attach a cover letter, a current CV, and the names and contact details of three professional references.
While we appreciate all applications, you will be contacted only if you are selected for an interview.