The Contracts & Procurement Department seeks an incumbent for the position of Warehouse Officer to provide oversight and safeguarding of the stores operations and to control material deliveries made by vendors and the maintenance of stocks on Dubai and Abu Dhabi campus.
- Receives materials and equipment from vendors and checks against the Delivery Note/Invoice/Purchase Order, or against the ISDN as required. These include textbooks, stationary supplies, computers, furniture, office equipment, and publishing material.
- Delivery discrepancies are rectified by ensuring that any items that are not to specifications, and/or in excess, and/or short, and/or damaged, are reported to vendors and to the contracts’ department for action. Prepares discrepancy and damage reports.
- Maintains a data base/delivery system for material and equipment orders ensuring their timely and accurate delivery. Maintains complete filing system for all purchase orders issued.
- Passes relevant documents to Finance for payment once recipient’s approval is obtained. Instructs clients to inspect goods as required.
- Raises goods received vouchers as items are found acceptable and maintains appropriate records.
- Informs vendors of any discrepancies and raises issues to Unit Head for replacement of item, amendment or cancellation of order,
- Answers enquiries from internal clients re delivery dates and discrepancies in deliveries.
- Bar codes any items listed as Chapter 3 items for security and maintains an electronic report of Chapter 3 items owned by the University and their location, and if their movement within the University location.
- Works closely with the Material Disposal Committee to ensure that items to be disposed off are “de-bar coded” and removed from the asset registry.
- Raises Loading Notes for delivery and signature by receiver and maintains a file.
- Liaises with facilities over furniture removal and deliveries.
- Assists with the annual inventory stock check of all Chapter 3 items owned by the University as required.
- Distributes and files Purchase Orders with the relevant people.
- Assists in the preparation of bid summaries at peak workload times.
- Enters all Purchase Orders into the Banner system
- Develops a knowledge of and keeps up to date with Purchasing and Finance procedures.
- Any other duty commensurate with the grade of the position.
- Responsible for the annual textbooks distribution process on campus, and ensures that all relevant forms are completed by both faculty and staff.
- Checks textbooks against purchase orders and ensures that ISBN, Titles, Versions are correct. Segregates and stores textbooks for distribution to colleges.
- Rejects books not meeting order specifications and returns to vendor for distribution.
- Ensures textbooks are available on time and in line with requested date.
- Collects end-of-semester textbooks from faculty. Prepares detailed inventory report for each college.
- Prepares list of textbooks not required by colleges and sends to Disposal Committee for approval.
- Orders and delivers stationary as requested by faculty and staff. Arranges delivery of orders to Dubai Internet City, Dubai Media City and Knowledge Village.
- Maintains stationery stocks, ordering stocks, and barcodes as necessary.
- Develops and maintains a file of stationery orders and usage.
- Ensures security of stationery and other goods, particularly IT equipment
- Purchases gift items through local market and maintains records. Obtains sample for approval by end user.
- Verifies local vendor invoices through Banner System against purchase orders.
- Barcodes assets including computers and Audio-Video equipment, furniture, office equipment, and other assets. Returns damaged item s to vendors for repair after checking warranty.
- Maintains annual inventory of assts in coordination with inventory team for Dubai and Abu Dhabi campuses.
- Contacts printers for publication material and reorders as required.
- Coordinates with Student Council to meet students’ requirements. Purchases materials for students for events like capstone, club activities, and carnivals through local market.
- Must possess a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution and 2 year’s relevant experience preferably in a higher education institution or an equivalent combination of education, skills and experience.
- Excellent Excel, Word and database skills required.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and verbal) in English is essential; Arabic is preferred.
The University’s benefits package is highly attractive, with competitive salaries free of tax in the U.A.E., Cash housing, a furniture allowance, annual vacation airline tickets for the employee and immediate family, educational subsidies for children and healthcare is provided to the employee and sponsored family members.
In addition to completing the online application form, attach a cover letter, a current CV, and the names and contact details of three professional references.
While we a ppreciate all applications, you will be contacted only if you are selected for an interview.