CRM Information Officer
The CRM Information Officer is a dual role that combines communication and information officer duties with first level systems support and administration tasks.
The position is responsible for tasks relating to AskUs (the knowledgebase in our CRM), including assisting with the development, editing and review of information through various communication mediums; and undertaking a range of maintenance tasks for websites, knowledge databases and email communications including updating website content, maintaining link integrity and statistical reporting on web activities and use of the knowledge database.
The position providesoperational and system supportto the user community,contributes to the administration of existing systems and participates in the implementation of system changes under direction of the CRM Administrator.
Division of Student Life
The Division of Student Life is responsible for the overall strategy in relation to learning and teaching, academic quality, student services, careers and counselling, equity and library and information services at JCU. The Division plays a critical role in working with and across the Colleges and Divisions at JCU and also works in collaboration with the Provost Office in driving and meeting the University’s objectives and Strategic Intent. The Division of Student Life oversees a large component of the student experience within James Cook University.
The Division includes the Learning, Teaching and Student Engagement Directorate, Library and Information Services Directorate, and the Student Services Directorate.
Student Services Directorate
The Student Services Directorate provides academic, administrative and student support services to the University community and is responsible for a large component of the non-academic domestic and international student experience at JCU. The Directorate plays a pivotal role in relation to the student experience, the ability of the University to meet its enrolment and financial targets and the reputation of the University.
James Cook University
Under the general direction of the CRM Administrator:
- Maintain informational sections of the JCU knowledge database (AskUs)
- Obtain, assess and distribute statistical reporting and correspondence tocontinuously improve the use of AskUs by students.
- Undertake a range of communication and information development tasks including liaising with various stakeholders in order to develop AskUs.
- Develop and edit information for students in consultation with key stakeholders.
- Provide system/user support and troubleshooting includingsometasks such as simple application configuration that require basic systems knowledge, and some tasks that require a broader or a higher level of security access than that available to staff engaged in day-to day business processing.
- Assist with Quality Management tasks including developing and executing test scenarios/cases on student systems in accordance with procedures provided.
- Maintaindocumentation relating to system functionality.
- Assist with scheduling system training, tracking attendance and other co-ordination tasks.
- Support the University's commitment to the principles of reconciliation, which exemplify respect for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage and the valuing of justice and equity for all Australians.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the University values.
- Support the principles of the TropEco program and engage in commitment to JCU sustainability goals and objectives.
There are generic responsibilities that apply to all James Cook University staff. Your specific level descriptor can be found within the Enterprise Agreement.
There are generic responsibilities that apply to all James Cook University staff.
- The CRMInformation Officer is required to observe the lawful and reasonable directions, policies and decisions of the University Council, understand and comply with the Enterprise Agreement, the Statutes and Rules of the University, the policies and decisions of the University Council and other appropriate University authorities, as in force from time to time.
- The CRMInformation Officer is required to demonstrate a personal commitment to ensure personal safety and the safety of others and contribute to the continuous improvement of our WHS performance. This includes the effective implementation and compliance with James Cook University WHS policies, procedures and safe systems of work, together with all relevant legislation, duties and obligations. Contribute to the continuous improvement of our WHS performance.
- The CRMInformation Officer is required to exercise proper discretion in all matters affecting the well-being of the University which involve public writing or speaking in accordance with the University’s Code of Conduct.
- It is a requirement of this position to occasionally work outside of normal hours.
Selection and appointments will be assessed against selection criteria.
- Completion of a degree without subsequent relevant work experience, or completion of an associate diploma with at least 2 years subsequent relevant work experience, or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Demonstrated ability to write for diverse audiences using a range of communication tools.
- Demonstrated high level of knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Demonstrated capacity to assist in the development of documentation and functional specifications.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise workloads and work to multiple tight deadlines while ensuring attention to detail.
- Demonstrated well developed written and oral communication, negotiating and interpersonal skills and an ability to liaise with senior staff across a broad range of system related matters whilst maintaining positive client relationships.
- Experience with facilitating training and/or workshops.
- Experience working in a service support or communications area/role.
- Experience working in a tertiary education environment.
- Experience with Oracle ServiceCloud (CRM).
- Experience with SQUIZ or a similar Content Management System.
- Experience/involvement with implementing improvements to systems.