Postdoctoral Position in the Area of Applied Electrochemistry, Electrochemical Energy Storage
Skoltech Center for Energy Science and Technology (CEST) is seeking for a Research Scientist (full-time) having expertise in physical chemistry/electrochemistry of materials for energy storage. A particular interest is the single particle-level characterization of metal-ion battery materials and electrocatalysts. The preferred starting date is May 2020, but it can be negotiated.
We are looking for a highly qualified candidate committed to research, education, and innovation, who holds a Ph.D. degree (or equivalent) in Chemistry or Physics, and has experience in physico-chemical characterization of materials, validated by publications in top peer-reviewed journals. The position is open to both young Ph.D. graduates and experienced researchers.
A solid background in the following areas is highly desirable:
- Physical chemistry and electrochemistry
- Electrochemical techniques (cyclic voltammetry, chronoamperomentry, impedance spectroscopy, etc.)
- Materials synthesis and characterization techniques (XRD, SEM)
- Numerical modeling of diffusive and charge transfer processes (candidates with some experience in numerical modeling will be preferred)
Your will work on the development of novel single particle level characterization techniques and approbate nanoelectrochemical approaches for the investigation of charge transfer and charge transport processes in energy storage materials. The duties will also include leading innovative research projects and submitting proposals and applications for external funding, promoting partnerships with industry, and strengthening educational aspects in your area. Teaching and research are carried out in English.
Skoltech Center for Energy Science and Technology (CEST) is an interdisciplinary center for research, education and innovation at Skoltech that focuses on study and development of devices and systems that can dramatically advance portable electronics, electric vehicle transportation and grid energy storage sectors.
- A challenging job in an international, dynamic and professional environment;
- Synergy between science, innovations, and technology;
- Substantial research support;
- Internationally competitive salary, commensurate with experience, qualifications and previous publication record;
Visit https://join.skoltech.ru/how-to-apply/ – choose vacancy “Research Scientist in the area of Applied Electrochemistry (Electrochemical Energy Storage)”
Applicants should send their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org before April 15th, 2020.
For more information on application please ask initiator: email@example.com, postdocoffice