The Rector is the principal academic and administrative officer of the University and is accountable to the Governing Board for the exercise of these responsibilities. As Chair of University’s Academic and Executive Management Boards, the Rector will play a formative and leading role in developing the University’s educational character and mission.
VACANCY AVAILABLE: One
OFFICE/DEPARTMENT: Rector’s Office
JOB FAMILY: Academic
TYPE OF CONTRACT: FTE 1.0
HOURS OF WORK: 40 Hours/Week (Normally 08:30 AM – 4:30 PM, Sunday – Thursday)
PLACE OF WORK: University of Kurdistan Hewlêr
REPORTING TO: Chancellor
APPOINTMENT DURATION: Three Years
PROBATION PERIOD: Six Months
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Application is open until the position is filled
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Rector, in consultation with the Chancellor, will:
- Provide energetic and inspiring leadership in the development of the University to meet the needs of a developing nation;
- Lead the recruitment of high quality academic staff to sustain University’s national and regional reputation for high quality academic degree programmes, scholarship and research;
- Lead the recruitment of high quality senior administrative staff to establish an efficient and effective administration and management structure integrated with the academic mission;
- Contribute to and promote University’s core values of integrity, high standards, dedication and innovation amongst all levels of staff and students;
- Lead and enthuse staff at all levels to work individually and corporately to continue the development of an efficient and effective organisation of which they are properly proud;
- Promote relationships and where appropriate working links with other regional and international Universities;
- Apply vision and leadership in the development of a landmark campus site;
- Undertake any other reasonable duties commensurate with the nature of the post and as requested by the Chancellor.
The following will be important factors in the process of selecting the Rector:
- An empathy with the core activities of Higher Education, - teaching, research, scholarship and knowledge transfer;
- Experience of working closely with senior politicians, government officers and local community leaders;
- Excellent networking skills and contacts particularly with leaders in Higher Education in a national and international context and with potential industrial and commercial partners;
- Experience of financial management, budgeting and strategic planning;
- Experience of working in a developing country, preferably in the Middle East;
- Experience of high-level management and of the management of multi-disciplinary administrative and academic staff;
HOW TO APPLY
- Interested applicants are requested to email their Application Form, CV, and Personal Statement to email@example.com by indicating the Vacancy Title: Rector and inserting the most recent passport size photo in the area provided on the application form.
- Only complete applications: Application Form (with the most recent photo), Personal Statement and CV will be considered.
- Size of the photo must be 45mm x 35mm with no less than 150 pixels for the quality.
- Any application that does not specify the vacancy applied for will not be considered.
- An Application Form is available at Current Vacancies on the University website (http://www.ukh.edu.krd).
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.