Director of Quality Assurance and Accreditation
The University of Kurdistan Hewlêr (UKH) seeks to employ an enthusiastic and qualified applicant to fill the position of Director of Quality Assurance and Accreditation. The role is mainly responsible for the effective operation of the University’s academic and professional quality assurance procedures and its administration.
The position holder operates under the guidance of the Rector and uses a high level of independence to work autonomously when required. Based on an in-depth understanding of the international academic standards and the University’s regulations and policies, the post holder is responsible for ensuring adherence to all quality, accreditation and regulatory constraints.
VACANCY AVAILABLE: One
DEPARTMENT: Office of the Rector
JOB FAMILY: Academic
TYPE OF CONTRACT: FTE 1.
HOURS OF WORK: 40 Hours/Week (Normally 08:30 AM – 4:30 PM, Sunday – Thursday)
PLACE OF WORK:University of Kurdistan Hewlêr
APPOINTMENT DURATION: Three Years
PROBATION PERIOD: Six Months
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Application is open until the position is filled
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Director of Quality Assurance and Accreditation, in consultation with the line manager, will:
- Work to develop and implement an effective and efficient quality assurance and accreditation framework.
- Arrange and report on all quality assurance and accreditation related status, meetings and activities.
- Oversee the process of validating new programmes.
- Coordinate annual and periodic programme reviews and reports.
- Coordinate a system of teaching observation.
- Oversee the whole process of external examination of programmes.
- Monitor all professional and academic accreditation and external assessment activities.
- Ensure the format, content and language accuracy of the documents prepared for distribution and publication by the University.
- Coordinate an effective programme of professional development for academic staff in areas such as:
- Learning, teaching and assessment,
- E-Learning and the development of a virtual learning environment,
- Teaching through the medium of English as a second language,
- Materials design, adaptation and implementation.
- Establish effective channels of communication to ensure the dissemination of good practice.
- Coordinate a centralised system of gathering student feedback on modules and programmes.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties commensurate with the nature of the post and as requested by the line manager.
The Director of Quality Assurance and Accreditation should have the following attributes:
- PhD in a relevant discipline with a minimum of 7 - 10 years of experience.
- Fluency in English and Kurdish languages is compulsory. Ability to read, speak and write in Arabic language will be an advantage.
- Knowledge of international academic and professional quality and accreditation standards.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Excellent attention to detail, including proof reading skills, with the ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in all aspects of work.
- An ability to work under sustained pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Ability to work as part of a team, as well as on own initiative.
- Ability to deal with sensitive information with discretion and to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to manage a busy workload.
- Experience and ability of working in a multi-cultural environment.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, designing forms, and other office procedures.
HOW TO APPLY
- Interested applicants are requested to email their Application Form, CV, and Personal Statement to firstname.lastname@example.org by indicating the Vacancy Title: Director of Quality Assurance and Accreditation and inserting the most recent passport size photo in the area provided on the application form.
- Only complete applications: Application Form (with the most recent photo), Personal Statement and CV will be considered.
- Size of the photo must be 45mm x 35mm with no less than 150 pixels for the quality.
- Any application that does not specify the vacancy applied for will not be considered.
- An Application Form is available at Current Vacancies on the University website (http://www.ukh.edu.krd).
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.