Translation Officer, Vice President Office
4 days left
- Full Time
The Office of the Vice President seeks an incumbent for the position of Translation Officer to provide effective translations (English and Arabic) of papers, articles and documents, as well as providing other translation services as needed.
Provides timely, accurate and appropriate translations in both Arabic and English.
Ensures that Zayed University is presented in a favorable image to all University clients and the UAE Community.
- Provides high quality translation services in both Arabic and English for the Office of the Vice President and other University Departments.
- Translates different text types such as contracts, correspondence, tables, charts, and graphs into the target language.
- Translates various official university documents including business, financial, legal and academic documents for the Vice President’s office and the University departments.
- Liaises with government, educational and other departments and agencies that provide academic documentation to Zayed University as needed.
- Expedites translated amendments or up-dates required to support various University academic initiatives.
- Accesses and considers cross-cultural sensitivities throughout the translation of documents.
- Provides general advice/counsel on translation issues.
- Consults with senior Zayed University officials as needed.
- Must possess a bachelors degree in a related field from an accredited institution and a minimum of 2 years experience in a professional translation (Arabic/English) role or an equivalent combination of education, skills and experience.
- Familiar with academic environment and culture.
- Familiar with diplomatic and cultural sensitivities of both Arabic/English translation.
The University’s benefits package is highly attractive, with competitive salaries in the U.A.E., housing, a furniture allowance, annual vacation airline tickets for the employee and immediate family, educational subsidies for children and healthcare is provided to the employee and sponsored family members.
In addition to completing the online application form, attach a cover letter, a current CV, and the names and contact details of three professional references.
While we appreciate all applications, you will be contacted only if you are selected for an interview.