Senior Engagement Manager
The Faculty of Social Sciences and Health is nationally and globally leading, ranked in the top 50 in the world. It has an ambitious vision to further develop in its ability to deliver world-class education and research.
The Engagement Manager will develop and support external relations and engagement activities in the Faculty, with a specific remit to support Durham Law School. This role will support engagement with employers, alumni and donors including through extracurricular events and liaisons and build profile through supporting public relations and media engagement.
- Provide expert professional subject expertise and problem-solving skills.
- Act as recognised practitioner within the area of external engagement, shaping activities, processes and systems
- Responsible for operational activity across different areas, with a specific remit to support the Law School.
- Oversight of short term or temporary project teams/strands, taking responsibility for decision making as appropriate.
- Engage with key stakeholders and internal and external contractors to influence opinion, delivery and reputation of services managing the preparation and dispatch of key communications to students, alumni, donors and partners via newsletters, flyers, bulletins, email and social media.
- Act as specialist point of contact dealing with complexity of data and information sources, interpretation and analysis.
- Significant input into the scoping and resource planning across a range of activities at operational and strategic level, identifying potential partners and initiating engagement on behalf of the Faculty including national and international visits
- Carry out project scoping, initiation, planning and implementation for large scale initiatives.
- Responsible for shaping the development and learning of others outside of team, through the design and delivery of training sessions.
- Lead on the design, implementation and monitoring of policy and quality standards, procedures and systems ensuring effective working and continuous improvement.
- Promote and develop a deep understanding of organisational policy and external developments.
- Promote the improvement and efficiency of departmental services by implementing and managing review and improvement procedures.
- Ensure all activities, processes and transactions are accounted for accurately and promptly to meet regulatory and professional service and policy standards.
- Implement processes to manage the integrity and security of all commercially and professionally sensitive and personal data.
- Lead internal business meetings, working groups and sub-committees at operational service level to influence governance, organisational policy and standards for the service.
- Responsible for allocating and monitoring financial budgets and resources.
What you are required to submit
- A CV;
- A covering letter which details your experience, strengths and potential in the requirements set out above.
Please ensure that you submit all documentation listed above or your application cannot proceed to the next stage.
For further information please contact Mark Richardson (Faculty Manager) via .