Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Property Development and Management
Australian National Institute of Management and Commerce (IMC)
The Australian Institute of Management and Commerce (IMC) based in Sydney is seeking suitably qualified Lecturers and Senior Lecturers for an upcoming post-graduate property qualification course.
The Master of Property Development and Management (MPDM) is an innovative course at AQF level 9 that targets international and domestic property students. Designed for its practical relevance and contemporary content, the course reflects advancements in property development and management as well as in teaching and learning approaches.
Applications are sought from academics with a PhD in property, property development and management, real estate or associated specialist qualifications at AQF level 10. Multiple roles are available with a pay scale that is industry-competitive and a collegiate, professional working environment on offer.
Specialisations being sought include Property Law & Practice, Property Economics, Property Finance & Investment, Property Valuation Principles & Practice, Land Use, Planning & Development, Property Construction Principles and Methods, Property Management and Property Market Research and Analysis.
- Use discipline expertise to ensure learning resources are adequate and assessment regimes are robust.
- Prepare and deliver lectures on property Development and Management topics as assigned, and coordinate units taught.
- Moderate and continuously improve learning materials, assessments, exams and solution.
- Participate in various Institute activities such as presenting information sessions for groups of students and external parties when needed.
- Support and assist the Executive team and Dean to oversee, manage and provide direction in the curriculum innovation process to achieve successful student outcomes.
- Connect and engage with industry partners and the wider business community regarding capstone projects, career opportunities and seminar discussions.
- Develop a personal research agenda and contribute to building the Institute’s active research record through publications in high quality journals and presentations at national and international conferences.
- PhD in property, property development and management, real estate or associated specialist qualifications at AQF level 10.
- Experience in the delivery of property-specialist units, a strong track record in university teaching and a willingness to undertake scholarly work are pre-requisites of these roles.
- Experience in advising and managing a diverse range of students, with evidence of excellence in teaching international students and mature age students being highly regarded.
- Demonstrated high standards in spoken and written English communications, together with strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated high level management and leadership abilities.
- The successful applicant must hold Australian working rights.
Applicants to provide
- A curriculum vitae showing qualifications, academic achievements and employment history.
- A written statement explaining motivations and your suitability for the role.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted, and we thank you for your interest
- The full-time appointment will be at Academic Level B Lecturer or Level C Senior Lecturer depending upon qualifications and experience
- Top Education Group Ltd is a private higher education provider in Sydney, Australia, principally offering accredited undergraduate and postgraduate business courses through its Australian National Institute of Management and Commerce (IMC) and a law degree through Top Education Institute. The Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Authority (TEQSA) has granted Top Education Group Ltd Self-Accrediting Authority within the Broad Field of Education 08 in Management and Commerce for awards at AQF Levels 5 to 9, being diploma to master’s degrees. The Group is also an Australian public company listed on the main board of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
- The Australian National Institute of Management and Commerce (IMC) (previously known as Top Education Institute, Sydney City School of Business) is registered with TEQSA and is the first and only Australian for-profit non-university higher education provider on the list issued by the Ministry of Education of China (“JSJ List”) of 42 recognized Australian universities and higher education providers.
- Drawn from both global and local Australian markets, IMC’s higher education student community is diverse and vibrant with highly accomplished academics from Australian and international universities, offering specialised academic guidance with a strong emphasis on practical, work relevant knowledge and skills.
- Information about IMCs undergraduate and postgraduate courses is available at www.imc.edu.au
- Enquiries about the position can be directed to Mr Gary Groutage, Human Resources Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications close on 17January 2020.