Senior Programme Support Officer
Job Profile Administration - Administrative Roles
Title Senior Programme Support Officer
Contract Type Fixed Term
Fixed Term Maternity Cover
The Senior Programme Support Officer (Assessments) will work together with the Programme Support Manager (Assessments) to manage a team of academic administrators to ensure that all Law School assessment related administrative support processes are properly set up and aligned across all programmes.
The work of the Programme Support team is organised into four broad areas of responsibility, focusing on the following aspects of the student journey:
Each area of responsibility is managed by a Programme Support Manager with support from Senior Programme Support Officers. The Academic Administration team will be managed by the Programme Support Manager (Assessments) with support from a Senior Programme Support Officer. The core elements of the Senior Programme Support Officer role are set out at the end of this job description however post holder may be required to work flexibly across the three other areas of responsibility as determined by the Programme Support Managers to meet demands in workload as and when required so as to effectively manage Law School students and ensure the smooth operation of all programmes.
BPP University Law School has a reputation for excellence in professional education built on a proven ability to offer students the skills they need to succeed in a legal career. Working with over 150 law firms, BPP prides itself on being at the cutting edge of professional legal education giving students the core skills and a competitive advantage to ensure success.
The Solicitors Regulatory Authority is introducing the Solicitors Qualifying Examination (SQE) and the Bar Standards Board is proposing changes to the Bar Professional Training Course. BPP considers that it is essential that BPP is positioned to offer the SQE across all its Law School programmes and deliver a market leading BPTC.
- Working with the Director of Law School Delivery and the Programme Support Manager (assessments) to build and maintain relationships between the Law School and key BPP operations teams
- Working with the Programme Support Manager (assessments) to manage the team of academic administrators dedicated to assessment support
- Building expert knowledge in the Law School administrative assessment support processes
- Acting as first point of contact for all student queries related to the administration of their examinations
- Ensuring administrative support is available for the conduct of Examination Boards.
- Ensuring that processes are in place for processing and recording deferral of assessments and assessment extension applications
- Ensuring that processes are in place to communicate with and manage Learning Support students on assessment days
- Liaising with EAO and advising on projected student numbers for assessment sits.
- Dealing with student queries following the release of exam results
- Assisting with the preparation for and smooth running of External Examiner visits
- Ensuring processes are in place to assist the Head of Academic and Professional Routes, Practice Area Subject Leaders, Programme Leaders, the Resource Planners and tutors with assessment administration
- Invigilating assessments as required.
- Assisting with the set-up of oral and skills assessments (including mocks) across all Law School programmes.
Department Law School - Delivery
Location UK, London, London Holborn
- Experience of building and maintaining strong relationships with key internal stakeholders
- Experience of data analysis and producing and managing documentation
- Experience of working in an academic environment
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal – at all levels
- Able to effectively plan, organise and prioritise workload and multi-task when necessary
- Excellent IT and data analysis skills (particularly Excel) and an ability to develop new solutions and processes
- Able to develop rapport and build and maintain strong working relationships with Law School students, tutors and other internal stakeholders
- High attention to detail and strong administration and organisational skills
- Able to work well in a team and be collaborative
- Able to have ‘difficult conversations'
- Able to deal with difficult/sensitive issues
- Able to manage people and problems, resolve conflicts and find appropriate solutions
- Self-motivated, able to work under pressure, make decisions and apply flexible solutions
- Able to work on own initiative without daily supervision
- Strong creative problem-solving skills
- A relevant degree
- Experience of working in the
- HE sector
- Experience of using project management tools
Contract Hours 37.50
Full Job Description
Law School Senior Programme Support Officer (Assessments) fixed term mat cover Job Description + guide .pdf (849 Kb)