Associate Professor/Professor, School of Information Systems and Technology Management
School of Information Systems & Technology Management
UNSW Business School
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
This position is open to Female applicants only. UNSW has obtained an exemption under section 126 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 (NSW) to designate and recruit senior academic level D (Associate Professor) and level E (Professor) roles within UNSW Sydney Faculties where the percentage of women is below 40%, to fulfil UNSW’s goal of a representative workforce rate.
UNSW is a university with a strong sense of social responsibility, our 2025 Strategy emphasises our commitment to promoting equity, diversity, and social justice.
For more information on our strategy please click here.
About UNSW Business School
UNSW Business School is a leader in business education and research in the Asian region and one of the largest Business Schools in Australia with more than 15,000 students, 500 academic and professional staff and more than 80,000 alumni and partners. The Business School offers a full suite of business degree programs at undergraduate, postgraduate, coursework and research levels, including the AGSM MBA programs and a range of Executive Programs. Its direction is guided by a business advisory council of leading CEOs, chairpersons and other business leaders.
About the School of Information Systems & Technology Management
The School of Information Systems & Technology Management (ISTM) is one of eight schools within the Business School that comprises 30 staff from all over the world. It offers a vibrant and dynamic academic community engaged in leading edge research, innovative teaching as well as constructive community and professional engagement. ISTM is one of the largest and oldest such schools in Australia, we are currently ranked #1 (Australia), #2 (Asia), and #5 (Worldwide) in the AIS Research Productivity Ranking (2016-2018), with 24% of ISTM staff ranking in the AIS top 200 scholars for research performance.
About the role
- Competitive remuneration package
- Continuing position
- Full-time (35 hours per week)
Applications are invited for the appointment of an Associate Professor/Professor (Level D/E academic) with an outstanding record of research and scholarship and demonstrated leadership and research expertise in Information Systems.
A Level D academic plays a key role in leading and advancing outstanding research at national and international levels and plays a significant leadership role within the School in supporting the achievement of the teaching and service missions of the School and Faculty.
A Level E academic is expected to provide academic leadership and foster excellence in research, innovative teaching and professional activities in the area of expertise and to play a significant leadership role within the School in supporting the achievement of the teaching and service missions of the School and Faculty.
About the successful applicant
Level D requirements;
- A PhD in Information Systems, Business Analytics or a relevant discipline
- An outstanding research record and international reputation evidenced by high quality publications in top tier Business and Information Systems journals; as well as premier IS conferences such as ICIS, ECIS, AMCIS, and PACIS.
- Record of outstanding delivery of high-quality teaching and student experience at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels, and the ability to develop innovative teaching methods.
- Excellent record of supervising high calibre research students.
- Demonstrated leadership in building engagement and partnerships with the profession and industry.
Level E requirements (in addition to the above);
- A distinguished research record and international reputation evidenced by high quality publications in top tier Business and Information Systems journals; as well as premier IS conferences such as ICIS, ECIS, AMCIS, and PACIS.
- Outstanding record of recruiting and supervising high calibre research students.
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent directly to the contact listed.
Professor Lemuria Carter, Head of School
T: (61 2) 9385 6748
Applications close: 11:30 pm, Friday 31st January
Please disable "Pop-up Blockers" to view Position Description Document