Programme Support Officer, Attendance
Job Profile Administration - Administrative Roles
Contract Type Permanent
Members of the Law School Programme Support team (Attendance) will work together with the Director of Law School Delivery, the Programme Support Manager (Attendance) and the Senior Programme Support Officer (Attendance) to ensure that all Law School administrative processes for the recording, monitoring and reporting of student attendance are properly set up and aligned across all programmes. As part of the Law School Programme support team they will be responsible for ensuring an excellent student journey through the Law School and may also be required to work flexibly across other areas of programme support provided by the team to meet demands in workload as and when required so as to effectively manage Law School students and ensure the smooth operation of all programmes.
BPP University Law School has a reputation for excellence in professional education built on a proven ability to offer students the skills they need to succeed in a legal career. Working with over 150 law firms, BPP prides itself on being at the cutting edge of professional legal education giving students the core skills and a competitive advantage to ensure success.
The Solicitors Regulatory Authority is introducing the Solicitors Qualifying Examination (SQE) and the Bar Standards Board is proposing changes to the Bar Professional Training Course. BPP considers that it is essential that BPP is positioned to offer the SQE across all its Law School programmes and deliver a market leading BPTC.
- Working with the Director of Law School Delivery to build and maintain relationships between the Law School and key BPP operations teams, including but not limited to Admissions, SRO, Student Finance, Timetabling Unit and Student Advice.
- Building expert knowledge in the Law School attendance monitoring and reporting processes to work within a dedicated delivery team.
- Providing students with excellent customer service and issue resolutions.
- Acting as a first point of contact for all non-academic student queries concerning attendance
- Ensuring registers are up to date and liaising with the relevant departments to process amendments
- Monitoring inputting of attendance by faculty and following up with faculty as required to ensure timely inputting of attendance
- Daily production of attendance reports for all programmes
- Daily monitoring of attendance of Tier 4 visa students to ensure compliance with UKVI regulations
- Meeting with students to discuss progression and attendance to improve overall retention
- Working with other departments (including Study Visas and Office of Regulation and Compliance) to ensure compliance with all regulatory and reporting requirements concerning attendance
- Building a good understanding of all Law School administrative processes to allow flexible working across programme support teams, as required.
Department Law School - Delivery
Location UK, London, London Holborn
- Experience of building and maintaining strong relationships with key internal stakeholders
- Experience of data analysis and producing and managing documentation
- Experience of working in an academic environment
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal – at all levels
- Able to effectively plan, organise and prioritise workload and multi-task when necessary
- Excellent IT and data analysis skills (particularly Excel) and an ability to develop new solutions and processes
- Able to develop rapport and build and maintain strong working relationships with Law School students, tutors and other internal stakeholders
- High attention to detail and strong administration and organisational skills
- Able to work well in a team and be collaborative
- Able to have ‘difficult conversations'
- Able to deal with difficult/sensitive issues
- Able to manage people and problems, resolve conflicts and find appropriate solutions
- Self-motivated, able to work under pressure, make decisions and apply flexible solutions
- Able to work on own initiative without daily supervision
- Strong creative problem-solving skills
- A relevant degree
- Experience of working in the
- HE sector
- Experience of using project management tools
Contract Hours 37.50
Full Job Description