Catering & Hospitality Host
The Department has a strong commitment to customer Service and aims to ensure best value for money for its customers and the college as a whole.
The role will support the Catering Services & Events. Provide a professional and competent level of service to all customers working closely with the catering team to ensure that the agreed services are delivered on time and to the required high standards.
You will be responsible for the setting of the conference and event facilities to the agreed specification, movement, handling and setting of all equipment from banqueting tables and chairs, staging and cutlery/crockery as well as regularly deal with bar stock control, rotation and wastage.
You will work across all hospitality events and cafe within Science Gallery but may be required to work in any of the King’s College London Campuses including café, catering and hospitality services.
Regular out of hours, weekend and evening work will be required to support our business
• Key responsibilities and objectives of the job.
• Assist in the preparation, presentation of food, set up, breakdown and general cleaning duties within the catering and event spaces.
• To provide excellent performance in customer service at all times to delegates, students, college staff and visitors.
• Maintain a safe working environment and operate within Health, Hygiene and Safety legislation at all times.
• Have a great eye for detail, exemplary personal presentation and positive approach to events & catering services.
• To be able to adapt to quickly changing situations.
• To be knowledgeable.
• To be inclusive.
• To be naturally friendly.
• To continuously grow our service delivery.
• To deliver quality service standards.
• To deliver world class services for a world class university.
Communication & Networking:
• Liaise with your line manager to ensure they are aware of any concerns or issues relating to your work environment.
• Advise your line manager of any issues with the general repair, cleanliness or failure of equipment.
Decision Making, Planning and Problem Solving:
• Plan daily workload to ensure all areas are opened & closed down within given time frame.
• Overall good organization skills.
• Address customer requests and enquiries in a polite and efficient manner.
• Present any customer complaints or compliments to your line manager.•
• Display all food, beverages, equipment’s and furniture in a neat, appealing and safe way.
• Effectively operate a till and maintain accurate receipting and accounting of all monies. Cash up a till in line with cash handling policies.
• Respond to requests for information from customers in accordance with College policies.
• Actively promote the catering services to customers.
• Improve the effectiveness and efficiency of service delivery within the department
Teamwork, Teaching & Learning Support:
• Direct & support external/agency staff and assist them to deliver a professional and efficient service
• Promote teamwork and assist other members of the whole catering operation at Science Gallery London when required.
• To attend departmental meetings, briefings, staff social events, venue town hall meetings and training sessions as required.
• Awareness of the support services available to students and staff within the college.
This post will be offered on an indefinite contract
This is a full-time post
The selection process will include a panel interview, an assessment and a working trial