Post-Doc Position: Socio-Ecological Industrialisation of Building Construction
1 day left
- Full Time
POST-DOC POSITION: SOCIO-ECOLOGICAL INDUSTRIALISATION OF BUILDING CONSTRUCTION
The research group Sustainable Buildings at Technology Campus Ghent was created in 2008. The research can be grouped into 6 areas: 1. Energy performance and indoor climate - Interaction building and HVAC systems: studies the interaction between characteristics, use, energy performance and indoor climate of buildings on the one hand and the choice, design, operation and performances of innovative HVAC systems and lighting on the other hand. 2. Timber construction and use of organic fibres: investigates sustainability and durability of structures made from timber, bamboo and wood-based products as well as insulation materials made from natural fibres. 3. Social and ecological sustainability of buildings and communities: focusses on assessment and certification of social sustainability and zero carbon emissions on buidings, community and regional scale. 4. Life cycle analysis 5. Building Information Modelling - Improved process management: develops, improves and implements BIM-based workflows for all life-cycle stages of buildings 6. Commissioning, building management and monitoring
This vacancy fits within the theme "Social and Ecological sustainability of buildings and communities". Sustainable building is seldom approached simultaneously from a thorough ecological and social point of view. The aim of the research is to realize the transition to a construction industry with increased social and ecological impact through a process of standardization, prefabrication and industrialization in order to achieve a high degree of affordability and practicability. Research is conducted into the development and application of circular and renewable building systems and advanced building processes from design and implementation to use and reuse. This is done on different scale levels: the building element level, the building level, the neighborhood and urban level and finally the regional level. The focus is initially on urban renewal through both building renovation, renovation and "opt-out" of existing buildings. From an integrated vision, work is being done on building-technical and urban development with social and ecological added value. Ecological building is approached insofar as it also has social added value with impact and vice versa; social building is approached to the extent that it also has an ecological added value with impact so that both go hand in hand without the one standing in the way of the other or the one at the expense of the other.
Your main task is to carry out scientific research tasks in the research group Sustainable Buildings in the research theme "Social and Ecological sustainability of buildings and communities".
- You will be jointly responsible for the project management of scientific research projects (such as Circular Bio-based Construction Industry (CBCI), Urban Innovative Action ICCARus, Reno-lab-C)
- You will supervise researchers and doctoral (PhD) students
- You will make a significant contribution to the creation of new applications for research projects.
- You will participate in scientific publications and present them at (inter)national scientific conferences.
- You are jointly responsible for the organisation of study days.
In addition, we expect you to carry out didactic assignments within the framework of the Bachelor and Master of civil engineering Technology
- You will support lectures, exercises and project work in the Materials and Building Technology learning line.
- You offer didactic and scientific guidance to Master's thesis students.
- You obtained a PhD in civil engineering or architecture.
- You have a good knowledge of and a strong interest in research in social-ecological construction. This research focuses on the development and application of circular and renewable building systems and advanced building processes from design and execution to use and reuse. This is done at different levels of scale: the building element level, the building level, the district and urban level and finally the regional level. The primary focus is on urban renewal through building renovation and the 'top-up' of existing buildings. Solutions for the industrialisation of buildingconstruction are developed and evaluated based on technical aspects togetherwith the social and ecological impact they have.
- You have a sense of responsibility, have a scientific track record related to the topic, have good communication skills and are team-oriented.
- You have a good knowledge of the English language, both spoken and written.
- Knowledge of the Dutch and French languages, both spoken and written, is an asset.
- Experience with intercultural cooperation is an added value.
We offer full-time employment of a fixed duration for 2 years.
Interviews are scheduled on Wed. 18 Dec, Th. 19 Dec and Fr. 20 Sept from 14:30.
For more information please contact Mr. Alexis Versele, tel.: +32 9 331 65 96, mail: email@example.com, prof. dr. ir. Ralf Klein (head of research group Sustainable Buildings), mail: Ralf.Klein@kuleuven.be of prof.dr.ir. Hilde Breesch (Head of Construciton Technology Cluster, Ghent Technology Campus), tel. +32 9 331 65 92, mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can apply for this job no later than December 15, 2019 via the online application tool
KU Leuven seeks to foster an environment where all talents can flourish, regardless of gender, age, cultural background, nationality or impairments. If you have any questions relating to accessibility or support, please contact us at diversiteit.HR@kuleuven.be.