Senior Programme Support Officer
Location: London Holborn
Closing date: 09/12/2019
Employment type: Fixed Term
Department: Law School -Law School
Fixed Term Maternity Cover
The Senior Programme Support Officer (Assessments) will work together with the Programme Support Manager (Assessments) to manage a team of academic administrators to ensure that all Law School assessment related administrative support processes are properly set up and aligned across all programmes.
The work of the Programme Support team is organised into four broad areas of responsibility, focusing on the following aspects of the student journey:
Each area of responsibility is managed by a Programme Support Manager with support from Senior Programme Support Officers. The Academic Administration team will be managed by the Programme Support Manager (Assessments) with support from a Senior Programme Support Officer. The core elements of the Senior Programme Support Officer role are set out at the end of this job description however post holder may be required to work flexibly across the three other areas of responsibility as determined by the Programme Support Managers to meet demands in workload as and when required so as to effectively manage Law School students and ensure the smooth operation of all programmes.
BPP University Law School has a reputation for excellence in professional education built on a proven ability to offer students the skills they need to succeed in a legal career. Working with over 150 law firms, BPP prides itself on being at the cutting edge of professional legal education giving students the core skills and a competitive advantage to ensure success.
The Solicitors Regulatory Authority is introducing the Solicitors Qualifying Examination (SQE) and the Bar Standards Board is proposing changes to the Bar Professional Training Course. BPP considers that it is essential that BPP is positioned to offer the SQE across all its Law School programmes and deliver a market leading BPTC.
Core Responsibilities of a Senior Programme Support Officer (Assessments) (including but not limited to):
- Working with the Director of Law School Delivery and the Programme Support Manager (assessments) to build and maintain relationships between the Law School and key BPP operations teams, including but not limited to Admissions, SRO, Student Finance, Timetabling Unit, EAO and Student Advice.
- Working with the Programme Support Manager (assessments) to manage the team of academic administrators dedicated to assessment support on all Law School programmes
- Building expert knowledge in the Law School administrative assessment support processes to work within a dedicated delivery team.
- Acting as first point of contact for all student queries related to the administration of their examinations during their period of study at BPP University.
- Ensuring administrative support is available for the conduct of Examination Boards.
- Ensuring that processes are in place for processing and recording deferral of assessments and assessment extension applications, and liaising with EAO to ensure the same are properly recorded in students’ records
- Ensuring that processes are in place to communicate with and manage Learning Support students on assessment days and that accurate records are maintained.
- Liaising with EAO and advising on projected student numbers for assessment sits.
- Dealing with student queries following the release of exam results around progression, completion and withdrawal and exam feedback
- Assisting with the preparation for and smooth running of External Examiner visits
- Ensuring accurate student records are maintained including achievement and progression.
- Ensuring processes are in place to assist the Head of Academic and Professional Routes, Practice Area Subject Leaders, Programme Leaders, the Resource Planners and tutors with assessment administration including, for example, script organisation and allocation, arithmetical checking, script-to schedule checks, photocopying scripts for external examiners (where required).
- Invigilating assessments as and when required.
- Liaison with internal departments as necessary (e.g. IT, SRO, EAO)
- Assisting with the set-up of oral and skills assessments (including mocks) across all Law School programmes.
- Building a good understanding of all Law School administrative and support processes to allow flexible working across the areas of responsibility, as required.
- Generally to assist the Law School Programme Support Team to effectively manage Law School students and ensure the smooth operation of all programmes.
Other administrative support activities as and when required by the Law School.
Please refer to the full job description for details of the role requirements