Human Resources Assistant
Application closing date: 10/12/2019
Salary: Grade 3, £21,814 - £25,941 per annum
Package: Excellent benefits package
Build your career in Human Resources with Edinburgh Napier University
We have a new exciting opportunity to join the HR team at Napier University. This HR Assistant role is a full time role for a 12 month fixed period to join our HR Services Team, which is responsible for providing a high quality HR service to all parts of the University.
Edinburgh Napier University is a forward thinking institution, home to forward-thinking people, inspired by the world around them. Join us and you will find that we support ambition, recognise achievement and offer an attractive pension and a minimum of 36 days holiday. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a dynamic and supportive environment, with a clear strategy and growth agenda.
Working within a small HR service team you will act as first point of contact for all HR queries and provide advice and guidance either via the HR mail box, telephone or face to face ensuring timelines and standards are met accordingly. You will provide HR administrative and transactional support in a timely and accurate manner across all areas of the business.
Who We Are Looking For
- You will be educated to Higher standard level or have equivalent relevant demonstrable experience in a similar role.
- You must be an experienced administrator from a HR-related background; with a good idea of the demands and challenges presented by a shared service environment
- You will thrive on managing a busy workload; and have experience of issuing contracts, answering queries from line managers and employees on a range of HR processes in line with policies and procedures.
- You are driven and focused on meeting and exceeding customer expectations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills combined with the ability to advice staff at all levels
- High level of IT skills is crucial including a good working knowledge of the Microsoft Office packages (specifically Word/Excel/Powerpoint)
This is a great opportunity for you to join a busy HR team who enjoys all areas of HR administration and providing a high standard to the client group.
If you would like to know, more about this opportunity please click here to view the full role profile.
Benefits We Offer
In return, we offer a great working environment where we support ambition, recognise achievement and offer an attractive benefit package. This includes a generous pension scheme, professional development opportunities, discounted access to onsite sports facilities and a wide range of other staff discounts.
Salary: Grade 3, GBP 21,814 - GBP 25,941 per annum
Further information about our benefits can be found here
- Application Closing Date: 10 December 2019 (midnight)
- Interviews: 18 December 2019
- You must be able to start with a month's notice or less
The University is committed to inclusion, demonstrated through our work in respect of our diversity awards and accreditations (Advance HE's Athena SWAN Charter) and hold Disability Confident, Career Positive and Stonewall Scotland Diversity Champion status. More details can be found here.